• Members

I wanted to write this whole thing about how they've managed to keep certain actors on this show for years despite the fact that they're useless and/or untalented, while getting rid of a young versatile character with zero baggage played by a beautiful, charismatic actress but all I'll say is I hate this racist ass show. I can't wait until it's cancelled.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ICAM.  But it doesn't have to be that way.  Soaps could enjoy a new, second life if they would make a concerted effort to incorporate more diversity, behind on-screen and off.

Time and time again, POC prove how loyal they can be to series and actors.  They're almost more forgiving than their white counterparts when it comes to mediocre acting, writing and/or production values.  But they're never okay with being ignored, forgotten, or taken for granted.

Exactly.  Ana and Hillary are dissed and dismissed, despite generating serious interest among fans on the weakest material, while DG's fat-shaming ass remains (and remains irrelevant).  It's racist, it's insulting, and it's high time people do something about it.

Theirs was probably one of Y&R's most beautifully constructed sibling relationships.

Which is why I hope LL goes on to make a HUGE splash on another series or in the movies.  It would serve them right, especially since it's clear they're making her (and other POC) the scapegoat for awful ratings.

As long as they remain "Adam & the Restless," they will.

Please register in order to view this content

Exactly.  But, "the ratings are dropping, and money is tight, so let's ditch the coons and see if that'll help!"

Edited by Khan

• Members

Spot. On.

Or, worse, we'll learn from some so-called insiders that TPTB had to let her go, because she was a troublemaker BTS and TPTB just didn't think she was worth the headache.

Never mind, of course, that DG and his fans continue to hold the [!@#$%^&*] show hostage on Twitter.

I'll say this much: I won't cry when CBS announces it's done with Y&R.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Didn’t some people speculate that bringing back Ana was sort of a bullsh!t cover for Y&R getting rid of Lily and Hilary at the same time? Her introduction was so sloppily done (as was most of Mal’s stuff, to be fair). But the contrived conflict with Devon, which NEVER made sense? This show never cared about her from the jump.

• Members

I think that her last air date was yesterday, when she announced she was going to see Jett in the hospital. Maybe the video of her taping her last day, was for yesterday's air date.

I think her, Devon, Elena will go see Jett and they will come back without her. I think they will give some excuse about how she wants to stay with Jett, while he recovers and that will turn into a longer stay. And she won't be mentioned much again, after that. She might be allowed to come back if Devon got remarried, but I'm not even sure that might happen. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

This show definitely needs more balance and needs to stop focusing so much on the same characters. Right now in addition to Adam who is featured way too much Kyle, Lola and Nick also have stories. Kyle and Lola keep getting ridiculous storyline after storyline handed to them. And Lola keeps having family members show up. Mama Rosales showed up (she left today but will be back) and Papa Rosales will probably show up. Someone from Kyle's past is also showing up.

Kyle and Lola's storylines are awful, and have been at the expense of the other young characters, who aren't shown nearly as much. Except for when they want to use them to prop Kyle and Lola (mainly Lola). Other than that they have been pushed aside or in Ana's case let go. Summer and Theo are getting some story, but they aren't featured as much as Kyle/Lola are.

Nick is also being featured a lot with this custody case over Christian and with Chelsea, who is also being featured a lot. And who was given a husband, and who has someone else from her past show up, in addition to her mother coming back to the canvas.

IMO, the show needs to feature other characters more besides these ones, who they are featuring too much.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Kyle and Lola have been featured a lot and Kyle now has storyline about his wild past in NY. He has become enemies with Theo, who keeps bringing up something that happened in NY. They have spent multiple episodes with Lola wringing her hands over it and judging him for it. And they are going to bring on a woman from Kyle's past named Zoe who is connected to his time in NY. In addition to bringing in Papa Rosales who Celeste has gotten back together with and Lola has issues with. I think they have gotten a ton of storyline. It's awful and not interesting, lol, but they have gotten plenty.

Edited by xtr

• Members

The actress who played Jacks love interest a few months ago (I cannot remember her name)  was also told they were getting rid of her to free up money for more white cast.  This is so ignorant, I am horrified.  They are going to sink these ratings even lower and it appears that they do not care.  I hate this show.  Poor LL, I hope she gets something better soon.

• Members

As I said in the episodes thread, there is never going to be a better time to fight them on this issue than in the wake of Kristoff's death and given the social and political climate. Push it hard and go to outside media online, not just soap people. Loren Lott is a treasure and dumping her while continuing to frontline Chelsea, Cane, Chloe, Kevin and Abby, among others, is not acceptable. Nor do a slew of unpopular Latinx characters beloved by the network brass make up for the lack of a black canvas. As ABC viewers knew (and black performers like Tim Stickney learned for a fact), lighter-skinned Latino performers are viewed as less 'objectionable' to a racist audience and network circle, and are always highlighted in lieu of major black story in recent years.

Now is the time to squeeze CBS and Sony. It has to be now if it'll ever be.

Edited by Vee