• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So they let her go because they didn't know what to do with her creatively, (which is crap, there was stuff they could have done with her.) and because they wanted to use the budget to increase other people's storylines. So she got let go to probably increase the budget to add more people to Adam's storyline (even though he's already eating up the show) and maybe to Kyle/Lola's as well. I guess the money to pay her may go to bring back people like Avery and maybe Papa Rosales. There is also someone from Kyle's past named Zoe that is supposed to be coming on, though I don't know how long she will be sticking around for. 

Very disappointed about this news, but I wish her the best. She deserved a lot better from a writing regime and show that just never really tried to invest or do much with her character.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Unforgivable - ratings fall and they blame the black characters they never write for anyway. 

There's big issues with this show and ratings continue to bleed severely, but Loren should not be a casualty of that. It's who they currently feature that's the issue, and the problematic writing. 

• Members

I am very annoyed by both of the reasons they gave her for letting her go. But I am even more annoyed that they told her that one reason she was let go, is because they didn't know what to creatively do with Ana. (I know that they probably wanted to free up more people to add to storylines for Adam/Kyle/Lola). But they didn't "know what to do with Ana creatively excuse." IMO is BS and was just something they told her to try and placate her. As I have said multiple times, there was plenty they could have done with Ana. Fen was right there for her as love interest early on (or they could have brought him back). They also just recently teased a storyline with Theo mentoring her/maybe being in a triangle with him and Summer. They could have done that or paired her with Chance when he came back on the show.

The reality is they didn't want to write for her & didn't care enough about her to give her any sort of storyline, that was even hallway decent. Which is why she never got any sort of romance,  or even a kiss in nine months of being on the show. But they tried to sell that excuse to her. that they couldn't think of anything to do with her creatively. Right, that is just a big old crock of mess.

This show continues to show time and time again, they don't care much about the black characters or their black audience (including black women) who have supported them for years. This treatment of Loren is just another awful chapter added to that book. It's just ridiculous. And to add insult to injury they just recently had her debut in the opening credits of the show. Probably after they decided to let her go. What a very unfortunate/disappointing situation. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Let's see:

-  Stafford's return is flopping

-  Chelsea's return is flopping

-  Adam is hogging the show and ratings are dropping to record lows

-  Kyle and Lola are a massive failure

-  Nick and Victoria are unbearable characters

But it's the black girl with potential that gets cut because they feel they can better "spend that money elsewhere." This is such sh!t. Morina and Griffith need to be fired, but that won't change the inherent racism on this show. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

And Lola is utterly insufferable and the show keeps dumping never ending ridiculous types of "angst" on her and Kyle isn't helping either. It really is a crock of crap. And I am extra annoyed about this, because Loren really wasn't given anything as a storyline. How is she on the show for nine months, but doesn't get a kiss? Let alone any type of romance or anyone really showing interest in her. Zach Tinker's Fen did flirt with her a little,  butthey got him up out of there quickly and shut the door on that potential romance.  

The way this show did Loren IMO was disgraceful. This is one of the worst treatments, (if not the worst in some ways) I have seen of a black actress/black female characters on the show. Other black female characters in the past haven't been treated very well, but at least they were allowed to be shown as desirable to someone. And allowed to have at least some romance. And not just hang up underneath their brother a lot of the time, or be used as a third wheel. Loren was blatantly disrespected by Josh and company, when they didn't even give her those courtesies. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

They did Loren dirty. They have Summer talking about getting millennials and all this BS, and yet, Loren was doing this for the show with her positivity and engagement with fans. 

How Lola and Tessa are surviving longer, and they use "creative reasons" as an excuse to get rid of her shows how utterly incompetent these people are. Even KSJ and the passing of Neil's character was like a week long story, instead of spurring it to be something bigger.

Screw these writers. 

• Members

Anthony Morina and Josh Griffith seem very tone-deaf and have no self-awareness. The show is dropping to record low ratings week after week (and no, the DirtectTV blackout isn't a full excuse, this trend has been going on for close to two months now), and they don't seem to recognize it's what they're prioritizing and showcasing on the show that's the issue. 

It will be a great day when Morina and Griffith are fired. We'll get another recycled pair of hacks, but these two are such horrible people with no talent at all. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

What can I say that hasn't been said already?  Y&R (and soaps in general) continues to de-value the very demographic that helped pushed them to the top of the ratings in the first place.  One of these days, they'll realize that (maybe) and attempt to course-correct (maybe).  By that point, however, it'll be too late.

• Members

So you mean to tell me that a young legacy character who has years of story played by a talented and charismatic Black Actress makes you creatively bankrupt?

Victoria Rowell was right when she said this show got a problem not only in front of the camera but the back of the camera as well too. 

Ana had so much potential to be a breakout character. However, everytime they put her in a story she was the supportive player. 

I won't be surprised by the next week or so we'll get an announcement that Mishael Morgan is back. So Angelica, Tony and Josh can come off as "Heroes" by stating "We might've gotten rid of one black woman but hey we got Hilary back Y'all." 

• Members

Yep.  After all, they see us as interchangeable -- meaning, of course, "we all look alike" -- so why not?

No, no, no.  Black folks are HERE for Victor, and Victor alone.  Sharon and Victoria, we could take-or-leave.

Edited by Khan