Sign in to follow this  
I Am A Swede

Author Judith Krantz has died

Author Judith Krantz, author of books like "Scruples", "Princess Daisy" and "Mistral's Daughter", has died aged 91

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-7173043/Steamy-romance-novelist-Judith-Krantz-dies-91.html

An author much in the same vein as Jackie Collins and Sidney Sheldon, the first thing that comes to mind for me is this song by Nana Mouskouri which served as the theme for the mini-series based on "Mistral's Daughter"

I still remember reading "Scruples" for the first time in eighth grade and being blown away by the decadence and melodrama of it all.  RIP Judith Krantz.

Wow, three of the big four 1980s fiction authors are now gone: Judith Krantz, Jackie Collins, Sidney Sheldon. Danielle Steel is the only one left.

I read Scruples many years ago and was obsessed. Any time I put it down, it was a struggle to function in the "real" world because the world JK created was just so lavish and exciting and fun. While my classmates were escaping into the world of Harry Potter and other fantasy characters, I found my escape in the type of extravagance found in Scruples and Hollywood Wives.

Greatest thing about JK is that she believed in the value of what she wrote. There used to be an interview on YouTube where she basically shut everything down and cut tf up because the interviewer used "trash" to describe the types of novels Judith wrote. She wasn't 'bout it, baybayyyy.