• Members

Yes, it’s quite the contradiction. I love JER’s writing but he hated Matt. I always liked Matt’s Jack growing up (before and during JER 1.0) and I became a huge fan of Matt’s Jack under Langan and Brash/Cwikly. I just rolled with his firing in 1993 because A. I was young and B. I was heavily invested in Caustin and Jarlena. Nowadays, I walk away from the show when Matt is fired (like in 2006 and 2012).

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean by the time SW came along I had zero investment in that Jack and Jen.  I remember them joining the circus and the story seem to drag out endlessly. But I am not a big J&J fan.  They are my least favorite 'supercouple' pairing on Days.  Jen actually kind of bugs me in general.

Well Caustin and Jarlena were JER's 2 faves.    Joking aside, I didn't hate Caustin.  I just felt it drug on way too long with the Sami stuff.  I was over it.  Jarlena/Kristen lasted forever too, but it was less bothersome to me.  Maybe because I was more invested in John/Marlena as an endgame couple.  I honestly felt Carrie was too young and too awesome to waste years on waiting for Austin to figure his [!@#$%^&*] out.

• Members

They were trying to age Carrie up a bit.  Tracey's Carrie was bratty and a bit sexier and more adult.  I think she was basically disliked by most.  I didn't mind her.  Once Sami came into the picture Carrie's minor spats with Roman became redundant and CC returned as the 'good' daughter vs. Sami's bad daughter.  I always loved Christie Clark and her relationship with John especially.  I like Carrie/Marlena too.

• Members

I am 99% sure it was not Christie's choice.  She had to audition in 1992 for Carrie again.  It wasn't her expressing interest to return.  She played Robin's friend on GH in the interim.  She wasn't taking a break from acting for school.

I don't think there has ever been a rumor anywhere about CC being difficult.  They just wanted a more adult Carrie.

• Members

For what part?  Sarah Webber?  I can't really remember Summer of 2002 on GH.  I only tuned back in fall of 2002 for Brenda's return.  And I feel like the latter half of 2002 was all Brenda all the time.  She would have been a good Courtney.  I loathed ALW. 

• Members

I know there is an SOD article where she talks about re-auditioning with PM and how it was a secret from Tracey.  She did mention she went to prom and stuff during her time off, but it was very clear it was never her choice to leave in the first place.  I think Days wanted to make sure she looked old enough and had chemistry with PM, something Middendorf lacked.

I remember Summer.  Glad she didn't get it.  That was a lame character.  Wasn't she a hooker?

• Members

Thanks for the info. I had always heard the story that she left of her own accord and was brought back upon request. I believe she was homecoming or prom queen during her time off from the show.

Christie studied at RADA after she quit in 1999 and the show has never utilized that.