Filthy Rich

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sounds interesting; however, I am starting to get this odd feeling that FOX is about to commit the same sins they did in the mid 90s--isolating us Black viewers in an attempt to grab White, female viewers. With Rel, Star, The Passage (all shows with Black leads) being cancelled this past year, I am starting to raise my eyebrows as if history is about to repeat itself. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

It does look promising. Glad to see another try at the ole primetime soap, although I'm worried about the 'satirical' part. I'm cautiously optimistic. And it features Kim Cattrall and Steve Harris, so I'd check it out just for them.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I'm looking forward to this.  But whenever I see a promo, I wonder just how many episodes they've got in the can. It would be a shame if they're dangling this carrot and it ends up being "a short-run series event."

Called Filthy Rich at that.  There was the satirical soap of the same name by Linda Bloodworth with Delta and Dixie pre-Designing Women.

• Members

It was first promo'd during Spring 2019 upfronts. The plan was that it would debut in midseason 2020 but then the pandemic happened and FOX decided to save it for the fall because they had an entire season in the can. 

From what I've heard they have an entire season ready to go. 

I'd follow Kim Cattrall into war, so I'm looking forward to it. 

• Members

Same re: Kim Cattrall.

But it's been so long since I've followed a FOX show...Empire I think was the last one...so by entire season I guess 13 to 16 episodes. But good to know they have a season. I do hope they don't do what TNT just did with the second season of THE ALIENIST and do two episodes a week to burn through things though.

• Members

I'll be watching this one, for sure, but with very judgmental eyes because, well, Louisiana. Nice to see Liz Reyes huge hair on that TV screen.

The trailer has the two things that I've just had to accept as part of the modern definition of "primetime soap," a tone that manages to be quirky comical and pretty dark at the same time and, of course, the central, season-long mystery that kinda automatically cuts a show's shelf life in half.

Edited by All My Shadows