• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So true. 

I just feel like sibling swapping exes is so expected nowadays that we're numb to it. Hell, even the characters are. 

We read stories about Kim/Bob/Jennifer and the toll it took on everyone for decades, and none of the stories are like that now. I feel these writers do it for shock factor with no long story. 

Plus, I'd like to see a soap where the sibling had respect for each other and didn't screw another sibling's ex. That would be more shocking to me. That should be the next thread topic--"Which soap sibling did NOT sleep with their sibling's ex?"

Yep. 

It happened around the time Mike and Katie were a thing. Or maybe a little before once she realized Simon wasn't coming back. 

Honestly, most of Henry's romances were duds with Vienna being the exception. I do think that when they had brought Bonnie back that it would've been interesting to see Bonnie/Henry occur in hopes of delving more into Vienna/Bonnie's history in Europe. 

• Members

Basically, Katie decided to make Mike jealous because he'd turned his attention to Jennifer  (while TC was on maternity leave. )  Katie planned a wedding, hoping Mike would stop it. When he didnt, Henry's sincere vows to her convinced her to give him a chance. It didn't last long, as Jen was pregnant with Craig's child and Katie was determined to break them up. 

Speaking of Katie and relationships that shouldn't have happened....Jack and Katie. Jack acted like Katie was a friggin' saint, not a two timing whore who stabbed her friend Carly in the back out of pure jealousy. 

• Members

Legal or illegal. Blood relatives shouldn't date on soaps or in real life. This is just my opinion. But I realize my morals were born from the customs and norms of where and by whom I was raised (culture). 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Spinner and Emma - Degrassi The Next Generation  - WTH was that? Not only did Spinner date her BFF Queen Manny Santos. They hardly ever hung out together because of them being in different grades. (expect that time Emma hung around Spinner and co. before Rick had the school on lockdown), but they end up getting married and according to the last Degrassi reunion they were still together. I mean they couldn't get Daniel Clark as Sean to reunite Emma with her true love (Sorry Ellie and Sean fans) 

Even Miriam McDonald (Emma) was not a fan of that relationship at all and told the show's co-creator Stephen Stohn basically WTF were you thinking man in this video? 

• Members

I wouldn't have minded them if the show had the balls to just go all out that this was a sick twisted relationship. Soaps think they are daring doing something like this but then bland it out into "Twu Wuv," and soap conventions. Jonathon was a sick and was fun as such, as the anti-hero...annoying as hell, and Tammy...was there even a character there? She lived for Jonathon and was blond and pretty and nice and....that was it.  If the show had presented them as a bit of a Roger and Holly "this aint good but we can't keep our hands off each other" and kept Jonathon as a villain...then yes, they could have worked short term.

• Members

While I agree there's a squick factor, my objection was more based on the fact Jonathan only initially screwed Tammy to humiliate and ridicule her and punish Reva and Cassie (and I think at one point, Cassie even nearly screwed him herself for some reason). That gave it a "rapemance" vibe, where Tammy was continually excusing his behavior and rages because she "wuved" him so. And the cherry on the sundae was Jon then taking off with his and Lizzie's daughter, with the excuse that "those Spauldings" were going to raise his daughter "wrong". RME. Jon was a rageaholic [!@#$%^&*].