• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great Topic @Faulkner

Victor and Sharon - YR - For years they were so close as father and daughter-in-law. It was so gross already when they had Sharon kiss Victor that one time. Now years later they not only be in a romantic relationship, but they show them in foreplay. I literally remembering viewers wanting Sharon to have a brain tumor to explain this mess! 

Taylor and Rick - B&B - It was always established that Taylor was the Madonna to Ridge's Madonna/Whore complex. Yet, her and Brooke's son Rick started dating Rick. Not to mention he has been with both of your twin daughters Phoebe and Steffy too.

Cane and Lily - YR - Lily was married since she has been in her teens. So by the time she divorced Daniel. TPTB decide to throw her in a relationship with this guy who is in his thirties dominating her youth by not marrying each other multiple times. But having them go through so much and her being so forgiving. Let's not forget the Battleship Potemkin death aftermath when Cane was haunting her making her think she was losing her mind. So glad that they're over and hopes Lily find herself away from a man period. 

Jack and Sharon - YR: They were so boring and mismatched. It seem like they were doing this because Nick was with Phyllis and they wanted more drama with the four as a quad. Not to mention what happened to them once Sharon started sleeping with Nick and Billy in the mix too. 

Mallet and Marina - GL: HE WAS HER GODFATHER!!! 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

The last 15 years of ATWT were filled with pairings that never should have happened but two of the most egregious involved the ever devolving, ever changing Craig Montgomery.

I wasn't watching at the time (thankfully!) but just the thought of Craig Montgomery and Danielle Andropoulos makes me sick.  Dani was like a daughter to Craig but one throwaway joke of Craig's from the 80s got turned into a whole entire concept for a fling between the two (funny how the concept of Dani and Bryant getting together never took, as that line of dialogue was also mentioned in the 80s, it was clearly a set up for a future storyline).

ATWT had a perverse fascination with May/December flings involving barely legal young women and much older men.  I also wasn't fond of Dusty and Lucy Montgomery (why couldn't 90s/00s writing regimes ever get the Montgomerys right?)

Craig and Barbara Ryan was just wrong on all levels.  Given the nature of their relationship in the past, there was no reason for them to have anything to do with one another outside a purely business framework.  I can still remember Craig dropping Barbara as an investor, giving her all her money back, because of what she did to Sierra and Margo.  Even when he started managing BRO, he mostly had others in charge of the account and he was always mostly distant and cool with Barbara.  It made no sense that they would get so entangled that they'd actually get married.  Of course, there was no love there but it still never made sense, given the fact that Craig was never they type of character that married for money or revenge.  Then again, at that time Craig was being written as a bot by trolls.

With all the horrible, ill suited couples and the gross daddy-issues relationships, no wonder so many women tuned out of the show in the last 15 years.  Yuck!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Barbara needed AN ending, and unfortunately Hal (and Benjamin Hendricksen) was dead, so the best ending wasn't available. I didn't care for this one, but I can see why they did it and it's far from the worst thing ATWT did in that era.

• Members

Michelle and Tony on GL. Just bland and pointless. I never took Michelle as being the kind of girl to sleep through a family. I feel that Michelle should've been tossed back into Bill's orbit anyways around this time. Bill/Danny/Michelle had more potential on paper given all their history. 

Josh/Cassie on GL. I was not a fan of the pairing, and I feel it did irreparable damage to Reva and Cassie's sisterly relationship. We had already been there and done with that Richard, which was fine. I don't believe Cassie would've truly never poached Josh. 

Olivia and Buzz/Frank on GL. I feel like GL was just tossing Olivia with anyone around this time. Buzz and Frank were just too blue-collar for Olivia IMO. 

Alan/Beth on GL. Another gross relationship. Given all the foul things that Alan has done to Beth over the years, it made no sense for Beth to even wink at Alan. 

Craig and Dani on ATWT. I feel like production did this for shock value and to 'show' the fans that they knew history when actually they didn't. Craig would NEVER date Dani, who he thought was once his daughter. Also, it didn't help that the entire story with Dani was a dud. We never saw her interact with Kim, and rarely saw her with Emily. I found it icky too that she had the hots for Chris at one point too. 

Edited by NothinButAttitude

• Members

I had this in the back of my mind when posting. I know soaps in many ways are about the seedy and breaching propriety (it’s soapy goodness, after all), but this was so gross to me. They could have even teased it, but not allowed it to go all the way, as there IS drama in unfulfilled temptation.