B&B April 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, that irritated me.  It's like they don't even try to keep the writing consistent from episode to episode.  Or even scene to scene.  Do the script writers even bother to read the script of the previous episode?

Edited by crc

• Members

I said to my sister...were soaps always this bad and we just didn't notice?  Where there are horrible plot holes and rewriting stuff the very next day...were they always this bad and we just didn't notice?  But I don't think so...not this bad. 

• Members

I read some shows had continuity editors to make sure there wasnt errors like these.  I guess that got eliminated with all the budget cuts.

Soaps used to be better written till the late 90s...and have rarely been consistent since.  AMC in the last few months of its ABC run was the last time I enjoyed a soap...a mix of drama, humor and history being respected.

I think Flo being Storms daughter is a good move..but the show will focus on the Hope angle..not on the irony of Storm vowing to be a good dad and not be like his dad..and letting his anger at his dad ruin his life....and the huge irony of having a child he never knew about.  Would have been a great angle to have explored..imho

• Members

I watched a bit of the paternity reveal scenes and jeez there were just too many blonde women in one room. I mean, props for Bell for casting the Logans to look like family but damn.. Luckily Katie is still there to break the mold.

Edited by Markjeh

• Members

IDK. I wouldn't even say they put a crap ton of effort into them. They were mean girls to Aly for a while but have mostly been supporting and off-screen. Rick was quickly discarded (I figured B&B would waste Young, and they did). Karla Mosley's never been that great of an actress but she was passable on the show and mean girl Maya worked for her. Too bad she wasn't allowed to be a flawed individual who wasn't very nice. They completely dropped the ball. They never had plans to tell a real story with Maya. It was over as soon as it started.