TV Stars Of The Past That Should Have Done Soaps

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, he’d have thrived on a soap like ATWT (up until a certain point anyway). They liked the sensitive DeFreitas/Kavovit types who weren’t conventional hunks. His height would become an issue, I’m sure. Billy Warlock certainly worked a lot, but you can see how marginalized and emasculated he became.

(Of course, MJF would never have done a soap with his stature and name brand, but just imagining an alternate universe.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I always think of soap parts for the lost glamour actresses of the 70s.  The kind of women who were always on Fantasy Island, but not quite on Charlie's Angels. 

Susan Anton

Please register in order to view this content

Priscilla Barnes

and Lynda Day-George

• Members

Her brother, Jimmy, was on GH.

Some of my picks (and I'm not sure if any of them did actually appear on daytime):
John Astin (I could see him as a quirky character on DOOL circa mid 1980s)
Lee Majors could have been a Buchanan relative on OLTL (thinking of his Big Valley experience)
Bill Bixby had he lived...a doctor character anywhere.
Barbara Bain could have a played a cool, dispassionate shrink, maybe a Gail Baldwin/GH type.

• Members

What could have been ... I'm now picturing Michael's ample charisma being put to excellent use as Tad Martin.

I see any or all of these women as a Cassadine mistress who reforms, sort of like Tiffany Hill if she hadn't become one of the gang. 

Cathy would have been excellent as a member of the Spectra family. (Or perhaps a secretive nurse ...)

• Members

Cathy Lee Crosby

Connie Sellecca (even though she was on the primetime Hotel)

Latoya Jackson (see her playing a campy/quirky character).

Melinda Culea (from A-Team)

Pamela Hensley (from Matt Houston)

Shelley Smith ( actress and known for her many game show appearances)Image result for actress shelley smith

Archived