Y&R: Casting New Male Role

xtr

• Members

According to soaps.com Y&R is looking to cast the role of Jeff a Black man who is supposed to be in his late 20s to early 30s. It is stated he is going to be full of energy,  have a sense of humor, and is also sexy and driven. He is also going to have a bit of an ego and is successful.

Maybe he's for Ana. It would be nice if she got a good love interest.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that he is here to replace Nate. Nate hasn't been shown hardly at all lately but he will be shown in Lola's upcoming storyline. He will be her doctor. I could also see the new character Elena interacting with Nate (and possibly Devon as well).

I think this new guy may end up being a possible love interest for Ana.

• Members

If the news is true about Brooks Darnell/Nate being let go, that's a shame. I did like him as Nate, but thought that they abandoned really writing for him and painted him into a bit of a corner by mostly having him interact with Devon and sometimes the Newmans. He should have been interacting with more people and would have been much better off if they had tried harder at getting him a romantic interest. The test with Victoria didn't work, and IMO she was more lifeless in that situation, than he was. I thought he did try with her, but she didn't bring anything to the pairing and they didn't have chemistry. 

I did like a scene I saw with him and Abby and saw chemistry there. They could have moved him into her and Arturo's orbit. Also, it hurt him that there aren't any more medical professionals around, so he really couldn't be shown interacting a whole lot with people at work. We really only see him working when there is a crisis and when the Newmans needed him for something. 

Y&R is not like Days which does a really a nice job of utilizing their hospital set, one reason because they have multiple characters on the show who are medical professionals. You see people interacting all the time at Days at the hospital, and it's not always because there is a crisis going on.  If Nate had someone who worked with him, that would have helped him storyline wise.

Archived