GH: February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Carly's pregnant?

Please register in order to view this content

Why? Is Ryan going to cause her to have a miscarriage or something? Why would they write this?

Franco and Liz getting married by Drew in the jail

Spinelli

Jason finally understanding Valentine's Day

What a horrible episode.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A big thumbs down to the "wedding".  I know production budgets are tight, but this "wedding" was so un-befitting for the character of Elizabeth.  An episode of a soap with a wedding should never be described as "horrible", but I have to agree that GH managed to pull it off for Valentine's Day, 2019.

• Members

Liz and Franco are truly disgusting. Liz is so proud to be married to a serial killer and can't wait to brag to the world (and "their" sons) that she's married to this pig. Vomit inducing. Liz looks TERRIBLE in this story.

Maxie figured out that Sasha might not be Nina's daughter in a matter of minutes. Maybe the PCPD should get her involved in the serial killer case.

CarSon baby drama

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Franco faking a guilty plea is a very Carlivati-esque twist, in my opinion.  

I wonder more and more if it is not the case of the writing staff that won't give us what we want, but rather, are forbidden to by someone higher up on the gravy train.  And no, I'm not throwing any "hints".  I honestly don't know who is responsible if it's true.

• Members

I definitely think the writers hands are more tied than folks probably realize. I know it's fun to always blame them, but Frank and Varni have their agendas, IMO. The problem with soaps is too many cooks in the damn kitchen. Ron certainly had his many many problems, but I see so many that still exist on GH that have gotten even worse after he left (the endless string of new hires and soap hoppers playing characters very few except the actors stans, care about and they're kept, re-signed and forced into pairings that don't work ...)

It's so [!@#$%^&*] horrible. I cannot believe the propping Franco and "Friz" are getting. It makes me nauseous, it really does. Makes me resent it 100x more than I already do. It's ludicrous they're being written like some great love that's being torn apart by lies. Sigh.

Ryan really needed to off a few more useless victims like Sasha and Willow, though I'd take the Britt clone anyday over Willow.

I feel like I posted this months ago, but maybe not, but I had been waiting for the Ryan story to become a Franco story. And here we are. They are SO [!@#$%^&*] predictable.

I wish more viewers saw through the blatant propping in the writing.

God no. Either being pregnant is horrible! lol. I'm so glad there's no teen pregnancy. It's overdone and never any good. I'm so over pregnancy stories anyway at this point. It's just endless babies when writers have no idea what to do with someone. It's sad. I think even Ron once admitted it gives them a beginning, middle and end and 9 months of story. It's easy (which is lazy writing).

I see so many outraged by "menopausal Carly" but she's likely in her 40s. It's not out of the realm of reality that she can indeed become pregnant. This isn't 1989. Instead of being outraged "menopausal Carly" is pregnant and treating it like she's dried up and incapable, people should be more outraged the writers have no clue what to do with her and saddled her with another baby (that's probably going to die and send her into Jax's arms, hopefully). She's not 50 or 60. It's also a soap ... and no, I do not want Carly pregnant in any way, shape or form, but even as a man, I'm sort of insulted at how many throw out the menopausal Carly thing. Twitter lost their damn minds over her supposed pregnancy and it was the most hilarious thing.

• Members

And you know Frank is not happy unless he makes Carly stupid af!  How in the sam hell did she think she could not get pregnant and take herself off the pill?  And we are not even factoring in that maggot's super swimmers!   I somehow felt that was too much information, but that's something you discuss with your partner/spouse.  I told my fella that they were wrecking havoc on my body and I stopped taking them.  Of course the CarScummers were over the moon with that conversation, but it was garbage and Sonny wants no part of this, so that gives me hope!  

And of course, this will be a fail because how do you not show a woman Carly's age not finding out she's pregnant?  Her emotions should be all over the place?  A valentines day surprise?  Huh?  I mean, Frank and the other idiots just don't mind showing how stupid they are!  

Archived