B&B January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

How to end this fast and get rid of Wayne Brady.  Taylor, instead of wanting Steffy to have the magically appearing baby at just the right time - has a meeting with Steffy and Hope and Liam to recommend that Hope and Liam adopt the magically appearing baby.  Hope and Liam adopt their own baby, and say goodbye to Wayne Brady however they want.  Don't care.  They can find out years from now that she's really theirs.  End it. 

Dr. Buckingham says ...given what happened to Hope on Catalina and since Zoe works at Forrester...it's best to leave my name out of it when talking about this adoption.   LOLLLLLLLL.  Like, Taylor wouldn't be suspicious of that?????  What does Zoe working at Forrester have anything to do with anything?    They're dumbing down every character for Wayne Brady. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The storyline (that I’ve seen) sucks, but damn it, I’ll go out on the limb and say it, Annika has been great playing the grief-stricken mother. 

And, my God, Sally is dumb. Giving someone who lost her child a puppy? At least Wyatt warned her. When the character was introduced, she was never this ditzy. I can’t help but think there’s now less separation between actress and role (given what we’ve seen from CH’s eyeroll-inducing Instagram).

• Members

I disagree. I'm sick to death of Hope and the actress.  She might be doing a good job, but the storyline and plot is horrible.  I'm sick to death of both her and Brooke at this point.  Over the years the constant propping up of Brooke and Hope and always making them the victims and the winners and every Male must have them and wants them for being weak, sniffling characters....tired.  They're making an Emmy Reel for Hope.  Surprise.  Pathetic is what it is. 

Tired of hearing about Hope's almost dead baby and how much she misses Beth.  And Wayne Brady's lopsided head.  And characters that should at least have some kind of suspicion, the dumbing down of Taylor, etc.  The show is pathetic.  I watch because it's comical and funny at how bad it is.  And this show has been tired from the beginning with finding a way to make the Spectras the "bad people".  And here it is again.  Sally is awful for trying to give the perfect Hope a pet.  When therapy animals are all over the news...I can see what Bell is actually trying to do here, but it gets lost because the Spectras always have to be awful people.  Tired.  I think her motivations were nice and trying to help and be a good person, but it gets turned around because she's a Spectra, and giving a pet to someone or trying to help has to be turned into something nasty because it's Hope, Brooke, or a Forrester.  So she's evil for trying to pick someone up.  Tired.   

Whoever plays Sally - needs to move on.  She has a shot at a career elsewhere.  None of the rest of the cast do.  She could get a role somewhere else in Primetime, Netflix Series, etc.  She has a chance.  I hope she's going on alot of auditions and moves on because she can.  The rest on this show are definitely stuck on Soaps for however long they last. 

• Members

BOOM! Fevuh, you nailed it completely. I agree with everything you said x 100. I'm hate watching this show like never before.

The Emmy reel for Hope....does it have to run for   dozen shows? I'm sick of her wailing and sniffling. Tomorrow Brooke will be back to agree with Hope that Sally was out of line. UGH.

Also UGH to the apparent exit story for Thorne. The writing is awful and so is Ingo.

I get it. The kid has rebonded  with Dollar Bill. So when did he completely  UNbond  with Thorne??? Lousy stuff.

• Members

They might as well have being running reruns the last few episodes because its literally been the same drawn out mess everyday.  Hope crying and lashing out and telegraphing that her baby is still alive, Sally and Wyatt trying to be relevant with pointless scenes, and Not-Thorne moping about Katie and Bill bonding over that little brat of theirs.  I think they've even recycled the same ice cream between characters/stories.  Poor Wyatt and Sally got the sloppy seconds (I'm talking about the ice cream people!).

I seriously think the show's goal these days is to see how many days in a row they can get away with re-using the same script.

• Members

Checked out B&B today for the first time in a long while...the baby story continues to be a bore. We all know step-by-step how this is all going to play out. So, who cares? Can't they tell by the ratings collapse that we are OVER Liam/Hope/Steffy. Seriously, the show needs a real break from this trio, or at least cycle other stories in and out. B&B hasn't been great at having more than one story focused for a long time. 30 minute soaps had multiple storylines for decades. We need some variety. If I didn't see Liam/Hope/Steffy for a year I'd be happy.

• Members

As a Taylor fan. I must say that she needs to be on this show and not on a recurring basis. And not propping Steffy. Taylor needs a storyline of her own. Taylor shot Bill?  I won't believe that until she gets a gun residue test. Why must this show always have to been about Hope and Liam? They are not the only characters on this show. Wake me up B&B writers and producers. use the other characters. Quinn and Eric. Where is there storyline with Donna? It's not even playing out. I wouldn't be surprised if Jennifer garies Donna ends up leaving. It is no wonder Carter Walton didn't leave this show. Carter is under used.

• Members

Really agree. The problem is Bell's obsession with Hope/Liam and Steffy. When they are on the ''backburner'' (which still means they have about 9 episodes per month) there is room for Bell to write multiple stories at the same time (as we saw this fall with Will's custody case, Hope vs. Steffy's line at FC and Pam's wedding + Donna's return all playing out at the same time) but when they are on the frontburner (which is basically always) they are on literally ALL THE TIME leaving no room for anything else basically.

The Donna/Pam/Quinn thing was pretty entertaining to me but it has been on hold for about 2 months now... I haven't watched the past 2 weeks because it seems dull as dishwater and extremely predictable of how it will play out. I am an advocate for replaying this whole Taylor/Ridge/Brooke thing with Hope/Liam/Steffy but not like this.

• Members

Bell has never been able to master the A/B/C-story concept - and it would work so well with B&B - there's no need to repeat the same dialogue 3x during the same episode. Instead, B&B's is a lot like Port Charles '13-week' format. Basically one story and then when it's done/abandoned, 100% of new story. 

• Members

Tough when you don’t like the A story. It’s A story/filler. You can’t FF stories you don’t like to get to the one you do. It’s either watch the show or drop it. Right now, I’m dropping it. They must have some data that show Liam/Hope drama attracts the right viewers historically. Apparently I’m not the right kind of viewer because Liam’s romances make my eyes glaze over. (And while I have surprisingly appreciated AN, that’s totally not an endorsement of this show or this story.)

• Members

You're absolutely right about it's A story or nothing for B&B. I'm just surprised with the aggressive production schedule that B&B can't pull together a show with more variety.  And, like you, I've taken a pass during the past few months. I'll try to watch 1 or 2 episodes a month, but that's all you need to stay current!

• Members

Since there's nothing much new to discuss, I just wanted to mention how adorable I find the baby that plays Steffy and Liam's baby Kelly.  She has the biggest adorable eyes and she just steals every scene that she's in.  LOL!

Archived