Y&R: November Sweeps and Spoilers

• Members

Also think that Anna will be used as Lola's talk to and friend more than she will ever have a story of her own. 

I see in the promo that Devon is now doing drugs. That was one quick descent. Two weeks and it'll be over, I'm assuming. Terrible writing. It's only being used to introduce Anna. 

I hope that they don't pair Anna with Nate. They should interact as relatives but I'm sure that won't be the case. The show has been desperate to sell Nate as a stud. She will be next in line to drool. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though he lost Hilary, this Devon doing drugs seems a bit out of left field. He hasn't gotten significant airtime in a while, and he really hasn't been shown to be spiraling out of control. Even that party he threw the other day seemed relatively tame. I wish he weren't going down this path.

Also, I hope they don't pair Nate with Ana. I think they should have them treat each other as family, though I'm not sure that will happen. Especially since they have Neil refer to Nate as his godson instead of his nephew, and he was even referred to as Lily's "friend". (though he's her biological first cousin.) 

And I had thought that maybe Lola was practicing celibacy once I read the spoiler about her and Kyle's relationship hitting a roadblock. I think that could possibly be setting it up for Mia to sleep with Kyle. That would be messy and I could see Mia doing something like that. I could see her sleeping with him after being rejected by both Arturo and Rey and also because she doesn't like Lola. Granted Kyle could also possibly sleep with Summer as a result of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up sleeping with Mia.

And  I do think that Mia will end up with sleeping with someone that is not Arturo or Rey, and it will cause some problems. (I have also wondered if Mia might end up in bed with someone like Billy, or a even grieving Devon, but with this latest spoiler about Lola, I lean more towards Kyle).

• Members

Shauna's purpose was to soften Hilary and jump start viewers seeing her as a good mother. She was also supposed to give a new beat to play with Hilary's rivalry with lily. All of which Shauna accomplished. So I wouldn't say nothing was done with her. They did exactly what they planned. 

• Members

Well, counseling the non black characters is the purpose of black characters...

Devon will be on drugs just long enough for him to accidentally sign away his fortune to one of the white characters.  Then, YR can put all that money in play for Phyllis, Jack, Nick, etc.  No need for Devon's black face to grant loans to the white characters any longer.  #don'ttakemyword 

• Members

Soaps.com day ahead recap mentions that most of the Winters/Ashbys (minus Neil) show up at Devon's penthouse with food tomorrow. Cane and Devon will talk some more about how hard things are with Lily in prison. Devon will mention he needs a drink and the doorbell will ring, it's Ana. Ana will reveal that she got her college degree and that Neil convinced her to come to GC and be Devon's Assistant. Devon is happy about that and Ana is interested in learning more about the music business.  Devon will talk with her about him dealing with HIlary's death, and Nate/Cane will notice she's lifting his spirits. Later on Nate will tell her he believes that she may be the only one who can help Devon get through this hard time in his life.

Also, Abby and Mariah will give Kyle and Lola advice about their romantic situation. And Mia/Rey will have a date night which will be hard for Sharon to watch. Though, Sharon will continue to let them try and save their marriage and will give them a gift card to a nice restaurant which Mia will find out about. 

It sounds like Ana will be doing more behind the scenes stuff (instead of being a singing act) for Hamilton-Winters. Or at least start out doing that. I could see her discovering the rock singer waiter they are supposed to be casting. Maybe he will be a love interest for her. 

• Members

IRL I know plenty of family members fall out of touch, but it’s always funny to me how close relatives and siblings on soaps turn up on people’s doorsteps with no communication or life updates for years (usually with no reason for the estrangement). As if Facebook and social media don’t exist. I know it’s a expository device for the audience when Ana tells Devon what she’s been up to.

Archived