B&B September 10 Discussion Thread

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're absolutely correct. In fact, people here would be praising him. I don't agree with Rep. Waters words or suggestions of violence, but mocking someone's looks does not add anything to the conversation. Honestly, if WH is that immature, then I'm glad he's not on the show. 

Anyway, on a B&B note. Has the show done any remotes this year? I can't recall any non-LA location shoots. It's truly the one thing where B&B excels - the other soaps aren't even players compared to them. 

• Members

Like I said, I'm not defending Winsor, and I haven't being following whatever else he has said or tweeted. It's just not that uncommon for people to criticize when politicians/actors/etc they like are being subjected to ridicule on social media, while having no problem with politicians/actors/etc they don't like being subjected to the same ridicule. That's all I meant to say.

I'm certainly not defending anyone being racist, and that includes Winsor Harmon.

• Members

Yeah, a white man comparing an African American woman to a monster is never going to be the same as people mocking Trump's looks (which I've never done because there is so much else to go after).  The power dynamics and cultural context are completely different. I would have thought that was obvious.

• Members

I've been watching a lot of old B&B clips lately and wow is this Steffy/Liam/hope drama a copy and paste of all the crap Brooke/Ridge/Taylor went through. The dialogue might as well be lifted from their scenes.

Making the show only about that triangle highlights that the show was never only about those three or whatever romantic entanglement was keeping Brooke and Ridge apart. We had Stephanie and a plethora of other plots going on too. I think this show desperately needs a commanding presence like Susan Flannery's to keep things moving and Bill is not it. Don Diamont is a handsome man but he's not a very good actor. 

• Members

I think Brooke could have filled Stephanie's place as the matriarch if Brad Bell had let her grow up and assume that position. (Or maybe it's KKL who doesn't want to let go of the romantic storylines for fear of being seen as old). Naturally she wouldn't have been able to replace Stephanie completely and she would have been a different type of matriarch, but I think it could have worked.

• Members

It's ridiculous that Brooke has had the same motivations and instincts since her first episode. i get character consistency, that's great, a throughline but this is just lazy. It just doesn't make sense that she's experienced basically zero growth in 30 years.

• Members

You need to look at Winsor's posts back for months.  There arent' enough erasers to get rid of the entitled, white, out-of-touch racism.  I was shocked when I went to his Twitter page and started reading.  Not a nice person.  But very haughty.  Loves to use the word "Blessed" alot with alot of not-very-nice opinions.  But he's blessed.  And so is everyone who agrees with his bullshi*. 

Archived