Vet let go at Y&R

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let’s see...not including newbies like Daniel Hall/Darnell Kirkwood/Tristan Lake Lebeau or folks like CLB/TEB/Robert Adamson, in the past year-and-a-half, they’ve dumped:

Greg Rikaart

Elizabeth Hendrickson 

Melissa Claire Egan

Mishael Morgan

Eileen Davidson

Christel Khalil

Doug Davidson

Rumored to be dumping:

Kristoff St. John

Bryton James

Daniel Goddard (and by extension, Noah Alexander Gerry and Lexie Stevenson)

Will likely dump/downgrade within the next 18 months, given their recent marginalization in terms of stories/sets:

Peter Bergman

Eric Braeden

Melody Thomas Scott

Marla Adams (recurring)

They’ve brought on:

Michael Mealor

Jason Canela

Jordi Vilasuso

Sasha Calle (Lola)

Brooks Darnell

Hunter King (return)

Alice Hunter (the new AA role, Kerry)

Am I missing anyone?

• Members

They definitely haven't known what to do with him for at least 20 years now.

But it's not the first one I would have fired.

Why does Christian LeBlanc still have a job? Didn't they re-hire Greg Rikaart?

It is sad, though. Y&R has always been the gold standard of daytime. Now, it hasn't really been that since LML, but it kept up that appearance. But it is finally all catching up with them. Far from cathartic, it's so sad.

Just cancel these remaining soaps already, jeez...

• Members

Y&R  needs to FIRE Val Young immediately!!!   Put Doug Davidson(Paul), Tracey E. Bregman(Lauren) & Marla Adams(Dina), plus Lauralee Bell(Christine) Beth Maitland(Traci) back on contract.  Beef up the Williams, Chancellor & Fenmore families.  GH also needs a big overhaul. BUT ABSOLUTELY NO to canceling the remaining soaps.  I wish they'd bring back both AMC & ONE LIFE and cancel GH, with a few GH spread to the other shows, Anna, Laura, Kevin, etc. 

• Members

There are a few exits I want to celebrate but it's hard because the show is in a bad place and they're axing for the wrong reasons. But I think he sort of did it to himself. He couldn't stay quiet, either way, good/bad, he ran his mouth. I think Mal's dumped some dead weight, personally, but I'm not liking the way this is all going down. So I'm torn. I think he's damaging and awful and I'm not really supporting his reign at all but I'm not too upset over losing some people but, again, the blatant way it's happening is a slap in the face.

• Members

Yes. That's the thing. Try running your mouth like that when you have a corporate job and see what happens. An executive at the company my husband works for found out just a couple of weeks ago.  He criticized a product on twitter and was shown the door the very next day.

It's common sense at this point that you cannot talk $hit about your employer on social media and expect to have a job.

Archived