'Hair Models' on soaps

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shemar is incredibly hot and charismatic which I will take in daytime. I liked him on Criminal Minds. Not everyone is Kim Zimmer or Erika Slezak.  My two faves Dee Hall and Vanessa aren't exactly thespians.  But they bring something to the table.  I think Steve Burton was hot and I totally stanned Robin/Jason back in the day.  He's meh to me now, but I think he's adequate. 

Mathison I never got.  He's cookie cutter good looking.  He is certainly no Josh Duhamel....

• Members

Shemar's grown into a solid actor over the past decade but his tenure on Y&R (especially in the beginning) was terrible. It was painful watching him attempt to keep up with a bunch of veteran actors who could act circles around him in their sleep.

I've never understood the obsession with Steve Burton when Sean Kanan (who was superior in every way) was right there. It also didn't help that (outside of Keesha) almost all of his scene partners possessed much more chemistry in other pairings.

Cameron Mathison seems like a sweet guy but he has psycho eyes and the charisma of a wet mop.

I know B&B desires a Victor Newman style lead with Susan Flannery gone but he isn't the one.

• Members

I think when they decided to make Stephanie like Female Victor that's when they ruined her character....and it didn't help that SF seemed about done, the last decade or so...

It's still a shame about what they did to Brad because I'm certain the transition to cartoon villain Bill to Brad would be night and day....if Diamont returned

• Members

I always thought the key to Steve Burton was that he had chemistry with most of his screen partners (Sarah Brown, KMC, VM, Rh, and KM).  I think Courtney was his worst pairing.  I don't like Liason/Jasam,  but apparently a lot of people do.  He is not MB who basically gets by on having chemistry with SJB, TB and VM and his only likableish pairing is Sonny and Brenda. SK's AJ was amazing, but I never thought he ever got good writing or real story.  All of AJ's stories got sorta pushed into Jason's.  The accident.  Michael.  Keesha.  And Billy Warlock's version got locked into a lot of stupid stuff. His random murder? Him being blamed for Carly's miscarriage even though it was clearly an accident?   Partnering with Skye to set Brenda up for murder?  Why would he do that?  They were friends.   The only thing that had potential was the AJ/Courtney pairing which again was scrapped for Jason... SK was a breath of fresh air in his last return and then Sonny killed him with zero consequences.

• Members

Decent? Not hard to do when you're at the pool all the time in a speedo.....

Please register in order to view this content

He rarely had anything to do except Jack calling him Junior all the time....he laid on that pool chair all day long in that speedo....

Don's acting went from bad to worse ....he is just awful on B&B.

• Members

I remember when the P&G soaps were getting flak in the press around '95-'96 for hiring "hair models" instead of actors. GL/ATWT/AW were always known for hiring talent over looks but shifted during the mid-90's when all the soaps were falling in the ratings and needed something pretty to entice viewers to watch. 

GL's Frank Grillo (Hart) was the prettiest of them all, but actually turned into a decent actor by the end of his run. 

Archived