Jump to content

I don't know her - Characters who've rarely met


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, j swift said:

 

 

It does bring up another interesting question about how much people in soap towns know about each other; especially those that were SORASed? 

 

I think it depends. There are public shamings that everyone knows about (ie, Alex confronting Roger about Mindy), things that are accepted (long lost children) and secrets known to only a few (Thorne shooting Ridge, or Rick shooting Ridge, which I'm not even sure Rick knows that he did). 

 

Soap kids in general, know the broad strokes of their parents' lives, if not the dirty deets. Marah and Shayne probably understood Reva had married both Billy and HB, but I'm not sure they knew Reva miscarried HB's baby.

 

 

5 hours ago, j swift said:

 

5 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

Alan Spaulding and Nola Reardon? 

 

I don't think they really did, but I was reminded that Nola had something to do with Roger when she first appeared. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 3:59 PM, Soaplovers said:

I think Erica/Angie hardly shared any scenes that I can recall.

 

Debbie mentioned in an interview that Susan gave her a going away party when she left the show and I found that so curious as I struggled to remember Angie/Erica scenes from my childhood. Of course they surely spent endless hours at the studio together, but I just couldn't remember their characters interacting.

 

Btw, I smile every time I read this thread title. #Mariah

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SFK said:

 

Debbie mentioned in an interview that Susan gave her a going away party when she left the show and I found that so curious as I struggled to remember Angie/Erica scenes from my childhood. Of course they surely spent endless hours at the studio together, but I just couldn't remember their characters interacting.

 

I recall during Erica's murder trial for killing Kent Bogard (I think that was the character) that Angie's mom Pat was interviewed as a possible jury member for the case.. so the show at that time showed that Erica and the Baxters didn't interact.

 

The only time Erica/Angie might have interacted was in 1987 when there was a crime ring involving Angie's father.. and Travis was mixed up in it.. it was when he/Erica were newlyweds.  That was the only time I could think of Angie/Erica interacting.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SFK said:

I struggled to remember Angie/Erica

I also don't think Erica ever spoke to Liza Colby before she returned as an adult.  Ms. Kane was not into talking to the younger set when she was in her 20's modeling and going to discos.  Conversely, Lucinda Walsh and Katherine Chancellor were always somehow interacting with teens like Tess or Britney.

Edited by j swift
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, j swift said:

It does bring up another interesting question about how much people in soap towns know about each other; especially those that were SORASed?  For example, does Theresa (DAYS) know that her father had an evil twin?  Does Kyle Abbott know that Lauren Fenmore was once buried alive? Does Rick Forrester know that Thorne once shot Ridge?  I remember when Lucky found out about Luke raping Laura, but it would be interesting for the new generation to respond to their family's scandals.  I think many of today's soap teens would be shocked by how often their parents have been wrongly accused of murder.

Sorta similar to Jack Patrick learning about Jack marrying and raping Kayla on Days. That would be a great story to bring back up once 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, carolineg said:

GH in the 90's did this a lot.  Their cast was more clustered into groups that crossed paths at a concert at Luke's or the Nurses Ball.

The most obvious examples I can think of is Jason and Sonny had almost 0 scenes before his accident (which I guess sorta makes sense) and Carly (SB) and Brenda shared one tiny exchange (not even a scene) and then one scene with Jax, Carly, and Jason where Brenda was being annoying about Robin/Jason or something and that's it...I don't recall Alexis sharing any scenes with Sonny pre-1998.  And then the awkward one Nik/Brenda scene that clearly only happened because they were a couple in real life.  Those are all I can remember off the top of my head, but I am sure there are more.

I feel like Monica and Laura have shared plenty of scenes.

 

I could swear SB's Carly and Brenda interacted more than that, especially once Jason got back together with Robin. They had a few little tiffs. I remember enjoying the scenes because both ladies went for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

I could swear SB's Carly and Brenda interacted more than that, especially once Jason got back together with Robin. They had a few little tiffs. I remember enjoying the scenes because both ladies went for it.

I thought so as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Erica was out of town and in her own world for so much of the early/mid 80s when AMC had a decent number of long-running characters on the canvas. It's hard to say with the first 6-7 years not really in existence, but how much time, if any, did she spend with the Martins outside of Jeff, Tad, and Tara? I'm assuming her relationships with/marriages to Jeff and Phil through the mid 70s might've put her in scenes with Ruth, Joe, and Kate (maybe Paul, too?) more than a few times, but once the 80s hit, those were no longer her people.

When did Erica/Myrtle become a thing?

Edited by All My Shadows
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

Erica was out of town and in her own world for so much of the early/mid 80s when AMC had a decent number of long-running characters on the canvas. It's hard to say with the first 6-7 years not really in existence, but how much time, if any, did she spend with the Martins outside of Jeff, Tad, and Tara? I'm assuming her relationships with/marriages to Jeff and Phil through the mid 70s might've put her in scenes with Ruth, Joe, and Kate (maybe Paul, too?) more than a few times, but once the 80s hit, those were no longer her people.

When did Erica/Myrtle become a thing?

 

I do agree that in 1981/82.. Erica was in her own world... but I noticed by 1983, the show started to integrate her back into the rest of the canvas even though she still resided in New York City till 1984.  In 1983, has her starting to interact more with the Cortlandts, and she interacts with Ruth/Joe/Kate again due to the fact that Tad saves her bacon by helping her expose Silver as a con artist...  Her close ties to Jenny/Tad in 1982/3 tie her to Opal (at this time, the two can't stand one another... and Myrtle is closer to Opal than Erica during this time).  Plus, Nina's newest squeeze Steve (causing break up #2) is Erica's attorney during the murder trial... and Nina/Erica are friendly... and Erica/Palmer team up against Ken's father Lars for different reasons (Erica for being passed over for a spokesperson job and Palmer is jealous that Daisy is dating Lars).  But I don't recall when Myrtle/Erica became a thing.. I'm thinking once Mona passes away and Myrtle becomes a surrogate mom for her in the 90s maybe?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When Victor came on in 1980, did he ever interact with the Fosters ? I know he did the Brooks to a certain extent along with the Prentiss brothers and Katherine/Brock. 

When Victor came on in 1980, did he ever interact with the Fosters ? I know he did the Brooks to a certain extent along with the Prentiss brothers and Katherine/Brock. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't the Fosters out by Victor's arrival? And then he didn't have much to do with Jill until their ONS before Billy was born. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P.J. said:

Weren't the Fosters out by Victor's arrival? And then he didn't have much to do with Jill until their ONS before Billy was born. 

 Snapper and Greg were on till mid/late 1982. Liz stayed on recurring till about 1986. I know Liz was at Nikki & Victor's wedding in 84. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:10 AM, DRW50 said:

 

I could swear SB's Carly and Brenda interacted more than that, especially once Jason got back together with Robin. They had a few little tiffs. I remember enjoying the scenes because both ladies went for it.

 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, Faulkner said:

I thought so as well.

 

 

You both may be right.  I can only recall and have seen on youtube again a scene at the police station with Sonny, Jason, Brenda, Carly, etc and Brenda randomly asked her if she had a ride home circa 1997.  Jason took her....It was the first time I can recall them interacting.  Then the scene with Jason, Carly, and Brenda (I thought Jax was involved but no) literally coming at each other over Robin.  Brenda was coming in especially hot for sorta no reason.  And then them sparring briefly at the Docks Gala/Shooting in 1998 because Jason took Carly as his date.  I haven't done an extensive search but I don't think they really shared any scenes except for maybe occasionally bitchiness at large events.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, carolineg said:

You both may be right.  I can only recall and have seen on youtube again a scene at the police station with Sonny, Jason, Brenda, Carly, etc and Brenda randomly asked her if she had a ride home circa 1997.  Jason took her....It was the first time I can recall them interacting.  Then the scene with Jason, Carly, and Brenda (I thought Jax was involved but no) literally coming at each other over Robin.  Brenda was coming in especially hot for sorta no reason.  And then them sparring briefly at the Docks Gala/Shooting in 1998 because Jason took Carly as his date.  I haven't done an extensive search but I don't think they really shared any scenes except for maybe occasionally bitchiness at large events.

 

I don't think it was a lot. I think there was another one at that house Jason, Robin and Carly were living in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 110

      GH June 2021 Discussion

    2. 7,886

      AMC Tribute Thread

    3. 1

      What ever happened to Bubba?

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy