But Nick who wants revenge on Victor

And he has a JT Mask

Edited by John

1 hour ago, John said:

7-16-18

Its Not JT

And he has a JT Mask

Wow! Wow. That is...dumb. So dumb. Super dumb.

Cancel this show please.

11 minutes ago, Darn said:

Wow! Wow. That is...dumb. So dumb. Super dumb.

Cancel this show please.

Yep.

Although, in reality, Y&R was canceled in 2003. 2006 at a stretch.

Everything else has been Y&R in name only.

Edited by YRBB

On DAYS, or GH, I could enjoy this.  It’s in the DNA of the show at this point.  But Y&R?  No.  And then with Nick?  Double no.  This is not even remotely his personality at all.  Did he catch crazy from Sharon?

21 hours ago, John said:

Its Not JT

And he has a JT Mask

20 hours ago, Darn said:

Cancel this show please.

This!!

21 hours ago, YRBB said:

Yep.

Although, in reality, Y&R was canceled in 2003. 2006 at a stretch.

Everything else has been Y&R in name only.

I agree with this sentiment. 2004 was when I stopped enjoying the show on a consistent basis.

However (and in response to the wider point), the last thing needed is less soap. And as daft as this might sound, if there is ever a show that does NOT need cancelling it’s The Young and the Restless. It needs its powers that be to decide which coat of paint it wants and get the correct person to paint it. 

While I didn’t say it explicitly, I more than strongly hinted that Mal Young and his storytelling sensibilities might not be the best fit for Y&R. And it’s nothing to do with him being British. David Shaughnessy (EP up to the mighty 2003) is London-born.

I’ve lived through what he did to Brookside from 1991-1997 (shifting it from its social commentary and politically charged roots to sensationalism and headline-seeking) and what he encouraged and Head of Drama at the BBC (specifically in regards to Eastenders and Casualty, though I do thank him for creating Holby City and bringing back Doctor Who) so knew his interpretation of American soaps would be what it has been- especially as his ‘direct education’ was gained under the learning tree of Jill Farren Phelps and Charles Pratt Jr.

Edited by UK LAW

1 hour ago, UK LAW said:

I’ve lived through what he did to Brookside from 1991-1997 (shifting it from its social commentary and politically charged roots to sensationalism and headline-seeking) and what he encouraged and Head of Drama at the BBC (specifically in regards to Eastenders and Casualty, though I do thank him for creating Holby City and bringing back Doctor Who) so knew his interpretation of American soaps would be what it has been- especially as his ‘direct education’ was gained under the learning tree of Jill Farren Phelps and Charles Pratt Jr.

I had seen this as a red flag when Mal first took over. Yes he is English born, but when Mal first came to the show JFP/Pratt was in charge and showing him the ropes. It was a terrible idea to have him learn from them. 

5 hours ago, MichaelGL said:

I had seen this as a red flag when Mal first took over. Yes he is English born, but when Mal first came to the show JFP/Pratt was in charge and showing him the ropes. It was a terrible idea to have him learn from them. 

Exactly. Sad that I told friend it was Nick in a mask two weeks ago.   I hoped I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I would have settled for JT being alive!

That would have made more sense. 

None of this sounds like the Nick I remember (and I never even liked the character). The only mask he would have worn was for kinky sex games...

43 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

That would have made more sense. 

None of this sounds like the Nick I remember (and I never even liked the character). The only mask he would have worn was for kinky sex games...

Helen Keller can see Nick doesn't have the brainpower for this kind of Bond villainy. This ain't Rolf we're talking about! How on earth did he finagle a life-like mask of JT's face? 

Edited by Cat