Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

Perfect Strangers

LOL it was well done.

I'm glad the show is on Hulu. It's been criminally ignored for decades now in reruns. It pops up here and there but never lasts. I'm surprised Antenna or Laff haven't picked it up.

I feel like I remember Hallmark trying it out but maybe I'm wrong? I think it would have been a good fit there but they seem to cling to Frasier and Cheers reruns in late night.

I liked the variation they did for the Dance of Joy. With Bronson Pinchot just having turned 59 and Mark Linn-Baker's 65th birthday coming up next month, their days of lifting are over. 

Bob Saget's cameo at the end of the bit in "Full House of Cards" was simply priceless. Too bad these can't be real programs. 😂

13 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

I liked the variation they did for the Dance of Joy. With Bronson Pinchot just having turned 59 and Mark Linn-Baker's 65th birthday coming up next month, their days of lifting are over. 

Bob Saget's cameo at the end of the bit in "Full House of Cards" was simply priceless. Too bad these can't be real programs. 😂

lol. I'd so watch it!

On 5/19/2018 at 6:49 PM, amybrickwallace said:

Did you see this? Brilliant!! 😂

I wish they hadn't included the kids as I feel like they have been exploited by the media and by whoever is representing them, but I enjoyed it otherwise. Bronson and Mark Linn Baker still work well together - I'd forgotten what a good balance they were. That may be why I have found Bronson tiring in other roles. And I thought the writing was pretty good. 

Ah, my childhood!  That Perfect Stranger Things mashup was cute. 

Considering the state of the BTS drama with HOC, the producers probably gave that Fuller House of Cards spoof more thought than they likely should have.

I was reminded of that absolutely epic Bronson Pinchot interview with AV Club years ago in which he goes IN on Tom Cruise and Denzel Washington. But he spoke a lot about his time on PS and how rough it was, how his relationship with Mark-Linn Baker was initially rocky but became a very deep bond. It is one of the most honest interviews I’ve certainly ever read from a celebrity.

https://www.avclub.com/bronson-pinchot-1798218088

Edited by Faulkner

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I wish they hadn't included the kids as I feel like they have been exploited by the media and by whoever is representing them

...Okay, I can't let this go. Millie Bobby Brown (who isn't in this) has some very sketchy stage parents, but how the heck have the other Stranger Things kids been exploited??  They're fine!

Edited by Vee

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are now out on DVD with season 4 being released next month.

BTW...the first season of Step By Step is finally being released next month.

Wow, I never knew SBS had never gotten a DVD release. Ironically, Bronson Pinchot was hired late in the series' run to play a Cody-like character when Sasha Mitchell was let go due to legal, marital and child custody issues.