GH actor out?!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt they told him they weren't using him anymore, but I guess I wouldn't put that past Frank. He is recurring after all so they can use him whenever and he's been popping in for a few episodes nearly every month (so I feel it'd be odd to 'fire him' so to speak, but it's not impossible, of course). I imagine if he's done he decided to retire. I wouldn't blame him. Maybe he just spoke too soon?

• Members

If true, it's a good sign. Other than Genie being booted, many decisions lately have been good.  Kin is bloated, mannered and tired.  If all these soaps want to increase viewership, and attract new viewers, they need to cultivate new talent and give soft landings/exits to some of the vets. Scott was wedged in to the Franco plot and it never really worked.  I'd rather see Denise Alexander return periodically with Genie in a front burner story.

• Members

Look, I think Frank and Varni need to go but many of the recurring/returning vets are painful to watch on tv. But not all.  (Lois Sorel on Days is Divine!  Morgan Fairchild. woah..No).  

But give credit to the current team for giving Monica more to do. And LC's face work has improved since she returned a few years go.  Genie has aged gracefully and not destroyed her lips and a face (think Lisa Rinna). ABC should have established her as a central figure after Geary left.  So much they could do with her story.  Instead they saddled her with Kevin and kicked her out just as story was getting going.  Why give Olivia more airtime instead of Laura.  Makes no sense.  

• Members

The possibility of punishing Kin Shriner did cross my mind, because he was the first fellow actor to speak out in support of GF.  Ask Sean Kanan what happens when an actor expresses disappointment about the state of GH or current events concerning it.

Archived