Y&R 45th Anniversary Spoilers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get mixed up with Ashley's amnesia and mental breakdown stories, because I thought the first one was in 85, but it looks like this is indeed 86 because it was probably after Ashley told Victor she had the abortion and they had the confrontation in the rain..

• Members

When in '86 did Ashley's abortion occur? I know it had be sometime right before Thanksgiving because the Thanksgiving ep had the rest of the family wondering why Ashley was acting strange but Jack put it to the back of his mind as went to help(and hit on) Ellen Winters at the shelter. 

One lost clip I'm not sure if you've seen @YRfan23 is from June 1987 when Victor forgives Ashley. The scenes are incredibly touching and with Nikki stalking out the two on horseback as there's a sense that Victor wishes to reunite with Ashley and is more understanding of her deceit more than Nikki's. Not sure why the show just swept it under the rug and have equally memorable footage to the rain confrontation just forgettable about. 

Nothing beats ED's Ashley's 2003 montage of flashbacks of her history with Victor in the 08/29/2003 episode right before her car crash one of which included Victor and Brenda Epperson's Ashley getting married. I had to rewind that a couple times as I was shocked the show had included it in there. 

• Members

I think it was November 1986 so you are probably right! I just remember hearing the thunderstorm played a significant part in the entire episode when Ashley and Victor broke down about the abortion....

Oh Yes I've seen that!

Please register in order to view this content

those scenes are definitely powerful and emotional, and true classic soap with Nikki spying in the background! and she had just learned from Casey she was cured from her illness...she was on such a high in those scenes! 

I want to see that flashback episode! I honestly think this show (and other soaps)  needs to realize the fans aren't stupid and are aware others have played the roles of certain characters...they definitely should have just shown Brenda Dickson Jill scenes as flashbacks when Katherine died..

• Members

I wish I had saved it on VHS and I really hope it surfaces on Youtube at some point because the whole sequence of events was incredible as Ashley left the getaway cabin as Safra was oddly beating Tuvia on the first day both debuted in stores just based on Victor's cryptic " You're almost due don't worry about Jabot" words from his visit the previous day. Online spoilers were extremely vague for the Bell soaps(where as they told everything for Days lol) at the time so I had no idea the show would feature such flashbacks or that a semi truck would pull out in front of Ashley Pam Ewing-style. 

• Members

Victor went to visit her KNOWING he had sabotaged Jabot.

Ashley obsessed over his visit jumped in her car to head back to GC which is how she got into the collision that caused Robert's death.

That whole episode was great as was Jill running barefoot through the Chancellor Estate around the same time.

• Members

DZFH97YVMAACQXy.jpg:large

Ah, bless (even if the recent J.T. stuff is ruining it. Guess the couldn't wait until after the anniversary).

Yeah, I'm surprised that wasn't in there. It saddens me to see the old clips in such pristine quality. This is what it would look like if the show went on streaming. It'd be marvelous. 

Archived