Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What was the appeal of Jeffrey Tambor ? He was always so stilted, uptight and awkward. He starred in that awful Three's Company spinoff The Ropers. I bet Audra Lindley and Norman Fell were pissed by that mess and getting screwed out of their TC spots. 

• Members

Which is to some extent the exact role he played here, except patriarch who transitioned.  I could only watch the first season because I thought the show was so sad.  All of the kids were so screwed up and unhappy and I didn't feel a lot of hope in Maura's situation.

I guess it was a realistic look at the life of a 70 year old trans woman who doesn't have Caitlyn Jenner's fame and money though. I am sorry people lost their jobs and trans people lost some representation though.

• Members

I find the entire Transparent situation very bizarre. Tambor is probably no saint and a man with at the very least severe boundary issues, and meanwhile one of the accusers apparently promptly left Hollywood and trashed the rather hapless Soloway after not receiving a payout following the scandal and is now running a gofundme or something. It's weird and I'll leave it at that.

• Members

This doesn't necessarily have to do with Hollywood, but I'm glad that Uber and Lyft are being looked at. I had to take Uber to and from work for a time while my car was out of commission, and some of the male drivers made me nervous. Thank goodness none of them ever tried anything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/technology/2018/5/15/17355702/uber-driver-arbitration-nondisclosure-sexual-harassment-assault

• Members

I had at least one very scary experience with a cab driver and a few that made me uncomfortable when I was younger.  I think getting in a car with a stranger is always a gamble, not that we always have much choice.  Getting my own car (which I only did after I left San Francisco in my 30's) was a huge boost to my personal safety. Even public transportation can led to trouble, but at least then there are other people around and you aren't worried you are going to be driven into the desert (Vegas) and killed. Turned out he just drove me 20 mins out of the way to jack up the fair.

Please register in order to view this content