cct

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sadly, this comes as no surprise to me. 

CBS is no longer the network of Norman Lear shows and hasn't been for some time.  It's also very telling that the most diverse and progressive shows are not on the flagship network but put on their All Acce$$ Service.

The toxic culture embedded at CBS is pervasive and shows up onscreen in all areas, Primetime and Daytime and has done so for well over a decade.

• Members

I read about that this morning. It made me angry, but I wasn't surprised. Creepy Joe and perma-smirk Mika have carried more buckets of water for men accused of abuse and assault than Jack and Jill did in all their trips up the hill. I still remember when Mika tried to strongarm victims through their show. They are nasty people, wastes of airtime and of skin. They are no better than Trump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Because I don't subscribe to Showtime, I've never seen The Chi.  Nor have I seen Straight Outta Compton.  What I'd like to know is, hadn't this guy ever heard of #TimesUp or #MeToo?  
He must have some inflated sense of self if he thought he'd get away with continual harassment, especially in the wake of these two movements.

• Members

It seems like for some of these guys it's a true compulsion and they can't stop no matter the consequences or how much they have to lose.  Some of these cases are pretty mind blowing, but at the same time some men are still getting away with it (Michael Weatherly), so that doesn't help. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

^ I've seen the first few seasons. I used to stream it when I was sick or depressed. I found the repetition this type of show offers comforting. All I can say is her story seems to have changed a lot of the last couple of years.  She has also accused more than one homeless person of assaulting her.

They are, but in this case she has never really said what Mark Harmon did to her.  She's made some vague contradictory claims on twitter. Now she says he assaulted her, but what does she mean by that?  I almost always believe the woman and I DGAF about MH, but don't know what to believe here. What she's saying doesn't quit add up and if you are gong to mess with someone's reputation then come out and state what happened.