Actor out at Y&R (Finally)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The whole reason he stayed on the show for so long & was even considered "redeemable" in the first place was because of the character he raped.

Had it been ANY other character (besides that characters mother and/or aunt) Rikaart would've been gone in six months.

• Members

Todd Manning didn't rape Olivia or Mamie along with his friends and managed to become OLTL's leading man with several ladies fighting over him. However people would call him a rapist for years and years. Your point is that Kevin's past has been forgotten and he had become his show's cute guy with issues, right?

I like the actor though, I would like to see him on another soap.

• Members

I'm shocked tbh. I thought he would go down with the Y&R ship when it finally got cancelled as the sub-par Fronsian ABC soap that JFP and Pratt were turning it into! This is a good move by Y&R and Sussman. For so long the official line at Y&R was that GR was an Emmy-winning 'fan favorite' -- completely at odds with what we see on soap forums. Same rationale for keeping Liz Hendricksen around as long at they did. Now all the need to do is recast Victoria with an actress with some actual charisma and fire in her belly.

• Members

wait, Michael or Kevin? Did Kevin rape someone? I'm confused. 

anyway, let's be honest with ourselves - Kevin's not conventionally good-looking, so there's no bias there. I mean nuAdam comes on the scene, and because he's hunky it's like peeps are OK w/ all the crap he pulled... w/ no genuine redemption whatsoever. 

• Members

Kevin raped (statutory) Lily.  They met on the internet when Lily was 15 and began secretly dating. He gave her a STI (gonorrhea) but they couldn't prove it because no one knew about the relationship so there was no cause to force Kevin to be tested. It was definitely Kevin because Lily hadn't been with anyone else.  

• Members

I would love to see him written off that way. Him going back into his true self as in a silver chipmunk or try to hurt somebody else and he fails as somebody see's him and they kill him to save the person.

Sadly it won't happen. I think they are setting him up to meet with Chloe and probably takes Bella with him so they have  a happily ever after which is more then legacy characters were given.

Not sad to see him go, I wasn't a fan of his character and he was hardly shown anyway and when he was it wasn't believable to be working at the police station with Paul Williams or that he always got away with what he did to Colleen and Lily. He had no jail time at all? The crimes were heinous and he skated.

• Members

was this ever validated, tho? I thought they were trying to push this whole "close call" type of story, where Lily had ALMOST slept with danger, etc? I can't say I was too interested, tbh. I only perked up interest when he locked Coleen in the freezer and tried to burn the restaurant down. 

i still have no idea how he was able to live that down? Gotdamn.  

• Members

Yes. Kevin gave Lily gonorrhea and Dru was out for blood. Because the relationship was secret, Kevin couldn't be charged with statutory rape. Lily couldn't get anyone to back her up that she was dating Kevin so it came down to he said/she said.  He got away with it. 

There is a difference, thus the word "statutory". Lily understood what sex was and fully aware of what she was doing. She was just not at the age of consent.   

Archived