Actor out at Y&R (Finally)

• Members

So...your are contending that Kevin only remained on the canvas because Lilly was black? And that if he had transgressed with other females of color, he would also have stuck around and been redeemed, but if he had targeted a white woman, he  would have been written off the show and never considered for redemption?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It still was against the law, he was an internet predator and he knew her age.

Another thing he got away with which was against the law was attempted murder of Colleen Carlton who he locked in a freezer at Gina's Restaurant, poured gasoline all over the restaurant and didn't go for help. Kevin watched it burn and he didn't care Colleen was locked inside, he even had the nerve to go speaking to people who were her friends knowing fully well what he did.    

• Members

There isn't a difference. That is the point.

Whether Lily 'understood' what sex was (which she didn't hence her ending up in that situation to begin with) A CHILD (which is what Lily was) cannot consent to sex. That's why the laws were enacted in the first place.

The implication that what happened to Lily wasn't "rape-rape" is REALLY gross.

• Members

Sadly..there are people that walk amongst us that have probably done what Kevin had done...yet have gotten away with it.

It's realistic and kind of scary if you think about it.

I would forgive Sussman anything, if she had it come out what he did to Lily.  Actually proof..or maybe he slips up..or something.  Alas...he will probably get a happy end.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm glad no one tried to continue pushing or defending the ludicrous contention that soap opera rapists only get away with their crimes and remain active on their shows if the victims are black.

Daytime's glamorizing and "redeeming" rapists is a legitimate area of concern, but a rational examination of reality allows one to see that the color of the victims' skin is not the principle criterion in deciding whether or not the rapist remains on the canvas.

Most of soaps' most notorious rapists (Luke Spencer, Todd Manning, Roger Thorpe, even Bill Horton) were allowed to remain and even flourish on their shows, after assaulting Caucasian women.

There should definitely be a critical examination of soaps' turning rapists into romantic leads, regardless of the race of the victims.

• Members

Except what applies to the rest of Daytime usually hasn't historically applied to Y&R.

A fact which you already know.

But you're still looking for a fight & failing. Massively. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

You're totally right. Paul raped Christine, and look what Adam did to Ashley. It's plain disgusting and mysoginistic all the way.

I would love that. Now my question is... I thought Kevin had been written off already! I have tuned back since the last week and there was no sight or mention of him. I thought we were done with him, finally. Am I supposed to see him again? lol

Archived