Actor out at Y&R (Finally)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope you realize that Y&R retconned Kevin raping Lily too, or at least the show tried to forget about it which is the same thing...

*waiting for the next retort that proves you're right...*

BTW I thought you said biracial or light colored black women got a special treatment because they were not totally black, yet Kevin got to stay on the canvas because he raped a black woman like Christel Khalil... I honestly don't mean to keep this "debate" going unendlessly, but I thought there was no harm in asking.

• Members

Y&R NEVER retconned Kevin raping Lily. Never.

The show just kept pushing them together with each Colleen recast and suddenly made Lily magically ok with it.

That's not what I said. If you're going to quote me, do it right.

What I said was that biracial/multiracial women of color function (especially in Daytime) differently than UNAMBIGUOUS WOMEN OF COLOR.

Hence why CK has hardly ever been romantically paired with actors of color when that type of "colorblind" treatment would NOT happen with Angell Conwell, Julia Pace Mitchell, Mishael Morgan, etc.

And yet it is because of the race of the actress and the actress herself that Rikaart remained on the show.

• Members

Around the time Kevin did what he did to both Lily and Colleen, villains like him usually went to jail and was off canvas for a period of time before returning for redemption on Y&R. Even Kay Alden was surprised how well Kevin's redemption worked with the audience and was shocked about it. 

I think Kevin still has more story coming up. I'm certain it'll be a hero's send off. 

Archived