BREAKING NEWS: Guiding LIght to return THIS SUMMER

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just dropping in from my perpetual lurking status to ask a question.  Correct me if I'm wrong everyone,  but wasn't GL canceled on April 1st? I seem to remember that,  but it's been a few years. Also,  is it sad that my second thought was,  "Please don't resurrect my favorite soap! Let is rest in peace."  I mean Peapack was enough of an insult to that show's memory for a lifetime. 

• Members

I see a lot of old ATWT clips on youtube as well. I still recall how everyone thought it was in bad taste that CBS announced GL was canceled on April Fools Day. Sigh....

Btw...did you ever get any GL episodes on DVD when they were released?

• Members

Yes I did.  I have the first general collection they put out and the Bauer family one.  Would have like to have seen some story edits or CBS putting episodes on Pop to go along with B&B and Y&R,  but our luck,  they'll start with some crappy year. 

Canceling the show on April 1st was in bad taste,  but really,  the show was a really bad joke anyway by that time.  I still remember the scene when Cyrus' brother (?) got pushed off that cliff and it was clearly a dummy. I think I watched that scene over and over again. 

• Members

I barely watched either,  but when they brought back Grant Aleksander,  I had to see how they were going to do it. I think killing Grady (I think)  was one of his first acts when he came back and then they forgot it ever happened. That was probably for the best. 

• Members

I had forgotten that Grant had left but I do remember some scenes with him and Alan in the woods camping? All the remotes at that time looked the same....LOL.  The name Grady does sound familiar. Wasn't bringing back Grant a last ditch effort to save GL from cancellation?

As for DVDs...I was lucky to get all of them...LOL.  I was even sent duplicates for some odd reason......ha

Archived