B&B: January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving the new Spectras.  The first few days  liltle-Sally was a bit 'forced' but she's coming into her own.  I do miss Big-Sally though.

I really think the show is interesting now.  It's campy as [!@#$%^&*] but GREAT for what it is.

• Members

I tuned out after the Brooke/Oliver hook-up was exposed and didn't return until Hope/Liam/Steffy was in high gear. I barely remember Thomas back then. I guess remember when BloatMas returned and was trying to prove himself as a legit designer a couple of years ago - when Widge ripped up his design. In typical B&B fashion, it was treated as a 'new' revelation. Kind of like omission of the whole Quinn/Eric/Donna triangle attempt Fall 2013.  

On the plus side, just like Caroline II's intro, Sally II storms in has a ton of energy and 'spunk.' I expect that enthusiasm will fade in six weeks when all attention is on the anniversary episodes. 

• Members

I like new Sally a lot. Maybe this will fizzle like so many characters before, but this show needed something to wake it up. 

That said I'm disappointed that Brad seems to be wasting Sasha and Nicole. It's just like him to do this, but as a viewer it's very frustrating when characters who have potential are discarded.  I can't even count he number of times he's done this now. I guess it's my own fault for investing.

• Members

Phyllis is a judgemental cow. I was on the fence about her before but Im over her already. Her dialogue is so over the top and cringeworthy as is her fashion. How the hell is she supposed to be taking serious as the head of a fashion house when her personal style is a walking tragedy?

• Members

I like Sally too but Bradley will get bored with her soon or having nothing to write for her and the Avants will return again.

Yet Bradley Bell continues to write the same sh!t for Liam and Dollar Bill. How many times has Dollar Bill entered Brooke's house uninvited? Only to eat and talk about how Brooke will return to him. It is the same repetitive crap!

• Members

^ It wouldn't surprise me at all if he dumps the new Spectras in six months and the Avants don't come back either. Brad just can't help himself.  He managed to create an interesting group of black characters, but then can't write for them. Such a waste.

• Members

And Anna Marie Horsford new comedy is in motion so I doubt she will return to B&B.

I'm so excited about this project 😊 #jalenvseverybody twitter.com/soapdigest/…

http://deadline.com/2017/02/jalen-vs-everybody-anna-maria-horsford-marla-gibbs-cast-abc-jalen-rose-pilot-1201903559/

The sad part is Bradley Bell could have the Forresters, the Avants and the Spectras on at the same time but he can't write for them. If their name isn't Liam, Dollar Bill or Quinn then they are out of luck.

• Members

I'm just shocked we got a Macy mention today....I wonder how long since they made a reference to her.....

I decided I'm enjoying "Sally Jr" as well, but it's becoming distracting how much she looks like GT Phyllis.....

LOL......literally sums up the last couple years of this show altogether!!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I thought CJ looked fine and better than the last time he was on

They are finally trying to make Ivy relevant by being a plot point for an Australian location shoot

Why is Phyllis holding a press conference when she doesnt even have a designer or team? She's a disaster

Thomas' argument has no validity. He says her the only thing on her resume is the business side and she isnt qualified to be CEO bc she doesnt design? So what? You dont need to design in order to lead. This should be a moot point anyway she she is no longer sole CEO and is sharing that title with the lead designer

Archived