Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought the same too. Considering what SSM said about them begging LML not to kill off John, it's entirely possible.

That's why I liked the Victor/Nikki stuff so much. It's no surprise they started off their first episode with that side of Victor.

I can't say that wouldn't be fun (although I don't share your Jack hatred lol) but it would have antagonized him too much, and they were trying to appease him. I also don't think either Traci or Ashley would do that, unless they were really pushed, and they just weren't there yet. 

That house is to Sharon what the Chancellor mansion was to Katherine Chancellor. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victor was totally the most "Victor-like" he's been in years, I loved how he stayed out of Nikki's conversations with Nick, which turned into a nice moment between MTS and JM.....and I even liked the Victor/Victoria bit in the end! 

Pretty solid show, definitely enough to keep me tuning in!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It's funny how little things make such a huge difference on this show. It was an honourable first episode from SSM and KA, and a great way to start off a new era - very subtle and driven by the relationships, history, and dialogue between the characters. 

This is the best they've styled Beth Maitland in years, and Traci was the sensible and reasonable core of the Abbott family. They really should use her of a more frequent recurring basis, the Abbots need her as their rock. 

AH still sucks ass, but Victoria does seem more in character in this episode than she has in YEARS. If we can't get HT back (or a capable actress) then I can stand the character if written better. 

Jess Walton looked gorgeous today and looks like she had a nice dye job since the last time I saw her. I wish she was on contract so they could use Jill more, but I'm thankful her recurring basis is so frequent. 

Even Sharon seemed more like herself than years. Now that this crappy story has wrapped up and Dylan's unnecessary ass is soon out the door, I hope they use this time to rebuild Sharon without a stupid ass "crazy Sharon" story. 

Victor and Nikki were the most tolerable in this episode than I've seen in a while - this is how they should be, not the chariactures they've been for a while. 

Well, the last time Lauren cheated with Carmine was the last time I found her watchable. 

SSM always talked about loving Ashley and Lauren specifically - it will be interesting to see what she does and has planned for both characters. 

• Members

It's a shame that we never got the true payoff from the Carmine story that Sally said she would have gotten at least 2 years off of, but maybe that will someday play a factor, but I want to see Lauren with her edge back and being bitchy to people.....hell she can even make 1 catty remark to Traci for old times sake, LOL 

• Members

I'm definitely excited about that. I only knew Lauren's softer side until I discovered YouTube, i used to side with her completely against, say, Sheila for example, until i saw some of the more classic stuff and how she really used to be and suddenly Sheila seemed to be karma to an extent. I do hope they allow Tracey to go back to her darker ways, she plays it so well. Same with Michael.

• Members

I'm split 50/50 on that one. Ultimately, I hate that they ever brought her back after 1998 at all. But, if they ultimately decide to bring her back, I trust her more under SSM and KA's pen than I do anyone else, including Brad Bell.

It was fun to go back and watch Stephanie get her comeuppance. As for Traci, I hope she comes back for a longer stint eventually. When was the last time she was ever on this show for more than a few episodes? Am I wrong in thinking it was when Colleen died? 

• Members

The show felt like the very staid, reserved conservative show many of us grew up with. There was always some icy about Y&R - not in a bad way - it was rarely frenetic or disjointed - very methodical, intricate and intimate with all the 2 character scenes. Today reminded me why Y&R was always a cut above. I looking forward to watching the new stories unfold. 

• Members

I'm glad Sally Isn't just an EP in name only. You could tell she influenced how that episode was directed. Sally McDonald completely undid so much of that modernizing Mal had done and made it very classy with the traditional Y&R directing style. This episode was very character driven, they were written correctly and each scene had a purpose. Obviously on day one she can't just jump start her stories, but it was such a smooth and obvious transition. The class was back. I'm definitely willing to give this a shot. 

Archived