DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

WTF. Can someone explain how the hell this even happened? And why is Chloe back already? I thought Nadia was on maternity leave

I watched Monday and this Orpheus stuff is so annoying.  Ive really hated the past couple of months of Days and these Damsel in Distress storylines with the men needing to save the helpess women who keep getting kidnapped and terrorized. This is such an old fashion thing from the 80s which doesnt work today. The only other soap I watch is B&B and while it has its problems, Im glad they dont do this. Its been ridiculous the amount of times a woman has bee attacked and or kidnapped in the past several months with the white knight coming in to save the day. Come on Days. Stop relying on such a misogynistic trope

Has

Please register in order to view this content

not started yet? Im surprised she hasnt been seen if not

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They showed us flashbacks of Chloe offering to be Daniel and Nicole's surrogate. The first transfer didn't work, but there were more embryos. So Chloe did transfers behind Nicole's back, so that if it didn't work Nicole wouldn't be so brokenhearted. The Doctor told Chloe the last transfer didn't work, but he was wrong. It's all completely ridiculous, but that's the story.

• Members

I thought the show was doing better overall until this story. Now it's taken a big step back in my opinion. Why retcon stories back to people who aren't even on anymore? It's bad enough when they do it just to tie it in to someone that actually is on the show now. 

Are they really going to give Nicole a kid? I understand her backstory but I can't picture her being with a child...unless it is a way to write her out after as she leaves town to raise her child elsewhere (which i'm okay with).

I hope the show is done with the cloak-and-dagger stuff involving John, Patch, and even Eddie. I'm sorry but they look like fools at their ages running around town like some big time threats. With the police force in trouble (Roman, Rafe, and Hope) this would be a great time to introduce one or two (only!) new members to the police force and tie them into town. Add Paul to the force? 

• Administrator

Daniel is the father?  Are you kidding me!!!???  He's been dead for almost a year and somehow the show still makes it about him.  Why is this character so obsessed over?  I expect Daniel's twin to show up any time now. 

• Members

Yes, JJ said he cheated in Miami. If only he'd tell Gabi and it lead to him leaving town and off the screen.

Is this VIcky Bush with Chad the actress Beth Toussaint (sp?) that was on Dallas years ago as Bobby Ewing's girlfriend? I really liked her then but this character is such a cartoon-faux accent and all. 

I don't see the chemistry with Nicole and Deimos. There's nothing there. I don't know why the show is pushing them. Bleh...

• Members

Two immediate changes I'd make to the show are cut the teens (except maybe using Theo occasionally) and do a large umbrella story somehow that brings everyone together. The show right now seems like a lot of the characters are on their own islands and episodes day-to-day almost feel like a completely different show at times. I would make the umbrella story something that brings out emotional drama, not some kind of fluff "disaster" plot. 

Archived