Y&R: July 2016 Thread

• Members

Right?  Were those cabin scenes supposed to have us on the edge of our seats or something?  Every facet of that story was completely unbelievable.  And hilarious.  

Something has definitely changed with Billy & Phyllis.  I liked it when it first started, but now I don't feel anything for them.  I just don't give af.  I can't put my finger on what happened or when it happened, but I'm done.

Noticed some different camera angles today for sure...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched a complete episode with no ff ing for the first time in ages with my sister, who hasn't seen the show in years.

I had to explain Mariah - Sharon's long lost daughter and Dylan - Paul/Nikki's long lost son.She was not impressed.

She commented that the show seemed different.The same people were there for the most part,but seemed to be doing stuff and having conversations they'd had before.

No background music during scenes so there was a flat feeling.

No customers at Crimson Lights,one customer at the Athletic Club and one hospital worker.

She felt scenes were too short and choppy.

As for Victor turning up to save the day,the less said the better.

• Members

My mother has watched this show for years and she fell asleep on those cabin scenes. It just wasn't interesting and no one thought anyone's life was in peril. We've seen victor do this too many times to be interesting. 

I agree about Philly. I just don't think they have the chemistry to sustain A long drawn out affair.  To top it off, the scenes are doubly extended and repetitive. It's become tedious. 

• Members

They've been circling a triangle with Stitch/Abby/Ashley for 2 years now. Remember when it was announced that Stitch would be in a qaud with those two and vikki. It never truly materialized onscreen. I had heard that ED rejected a pairing for Ashley/Stitch but I didn't think it was true. Maybe it is. 

The show has been writing AROUND Devon and Hilary every since their marriage preparation began. It's like some rule in the writers room where they aren't allowed to share much airtime. And when they do share scenes, it's brief and meaningless.  

• Members

Nikki going back to Victor just because he saved her ass is ridiculous. :rolleyes: I've come to hate this pairing.

Sharon off her meds and acting manic, also kind of silly, but ok.  This show isn't giving us much to get excited about right now, that's for sure.

• Members

Agreed.  Those hospital scenes were a big who gives af moment for me.  

Mariah again vebalizing WHY she's keeping Sully's parentage a secret was another one of those moments too.  It's weak.  "Oh, you guys are such a sweet family, that's hard to give up".  WTF?

Sharon dusting a wooden end table with Windex was more dramatic to me than anything else today.

• Members

One thing I do like is Hillary threatening to go after Devon's money. I'm not sure she means it, but I'm here for that.  Years ago, I really wanted Sharon to go after Nick's money after the Phyllis affair. Then I really wanted Phyllis to go after it because that seemed very much in her character, but both women were like "oh no, you keep it". :ph34r: So boring.

It's not quite as sweet to have Hillary going after Devon's cash because he doesn't deserve it the way Nick did, but I'll still take it. Soaps have really dropped the ball on the ugly, messy divorce front, so here's hoping that will change.

• Members

Chelsea did the same thing when she broke up with Adam. I couldn't believe the "con" didn't want a pay day.  But tbh, I think they do this to show the guy as desirable and that the woman loved them for themselves and not their money. I guess they don't have those qualms about Devon. 

• Members

^ Does Adam have much money? I guess it's all relative, but I don't remember if he had a trust fund the way Nick did. Either way, Chelsea and Adam being adversarial is desperately needed.  Chelsea is a big nothing from my perspective. I like the actress and the character had potential, but she does nothing but support Adam for reasons that make little sense to me.

This may be a case of Devon getting the short stick, but my guess is that Hillary will change again after the treatment, so they'll tease an acrimonious divorce and then pull back from that.

• Members

Yes he did. Adam was independently wealthy. Chelsea inherited millions when he "died". Plus, he offered to be generous in the settlement and she said she wanted nothing. 

Of course Devon and Hilary are NOT divorcing! They've twisted this story to breaking to ensure Devon has a reason to stay tied to her and chase her as she chases Jack's old ass. No lawyers consulted. Just threats and a silly "it's cheaper to keep her" plan since we all know in Wisconsin hilary can't get any money from devon's inheritance nor property he owned before marrying her.  Clearly, when they finish using her for whatever drama for that phack/philly story, she will go into a coma and come out thinking she's in Virgin Gorda. Devon will forgive her and the story will move on like the past year never happened. 

Archived