Y&R: July 2016 Thread

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised that Y&R hasn't followed B&B template of using exterior shots - even around the studio. Yes, B&B is set in LA so it's easier to pull off, but there are plenty of generic shots that I'm sure could be added in. I know they did one for the Billy/Phyllis motorcycle accident. Overall, except for Billy's ridiculous rehab of mansion, the roof of club and Chancellor Park have been solid additions for sets.  

• Members

No - for one thing, as mentioned, Y&R is not based in LA, so it's harder for them to do (they'd need to keep the seasonality aspect of Wisconsin in mind). They could do more generic locations (like the Phyllis/Billy motorcycle scenes), but then it would probably look like doing a location shoot for the sake of doing one (and they're quite expensive to do in the first place). 

• Members

Billy and Phyllis are cringey as hell.  Separately, they're okay.  Together, cringey in the extreme. 

Ian needs to be shot and killed.  Every plot he's in eventually turns to a big pile of ridiculous [!@#$%^&*] that takes everyone around him down with it.

I can only hope and pray that now that Sharon's in the hospital she has a seizure and they do a CAT scan discovering a brain tumor.  This bi polar illness with her going off her meds on a regular basis has ruined Sharon imo.  Now she's hit her own daughter in the head with a blunt object knocking her out and putting her life in danger.  Sharon should be hospitalized or at the very least have her kids taken away.  She should not be around young defenseless children!  I can't believe Mariah is covering up for her and putting Faith and Sully in harm's way. 

• Members

I could care less about Victor.  The stuff he's done - unredeemable - don't care.  And I really hope it's true that Hunter King is leaving.  I'm so tired of her reasoning that "Grandpa never thought it would go THIS far."  Your mother was sleeping with a complete stranger because of your Grandpa.  Your husband at the time is dead because everything he documented was true...the Newmans never pay for anything.  I mean - does anyone remember...it was Victor that turned Noah in and said...it's up to you to face what you did and all I did was tell the truth.  ?????  That's all anyone did in the Victor storyline....they told the truth.  Anytime he gets shot or something bad happens to him - it's FF material.  Nothing ever happens to him. 

Archived