Mass shooting at Orlando nightclub

cassadine1991

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do not do this today. Seriously.

It is both things: An antigay bigot and a religious fanatic. It was a hate crime with a dash of domestic terrorism. He went into a gay club and killed at least 50 people. The casualty toll is at a hundred.

• Members

^ That quote doesn't even make sense.  I'm not a Christian, but it still drives me nuts when people misuse bible verses. The victims did not sow violence and hate, so why should they reap it? In fact it reminds me of something my pastor used to say when I was a kid, which is when you point a finger at someone you are pointing three back at yourself. Maybe Dan Patrick ought to worry about what he's been sowing.

• Members

Mr. Patrick is right.  God is not mocked.  Which is why all those who use Him to spread their bigotry better watch their backs.  Because the same God who they think is coming after gays and lesbians for their "abominations" is coming after them and theirs as well.

I don't know what to say about these sorts of incidents anymore.  Of course, I pray for everyone affected by this tragedy, whether directly or indirectly.  That goes without saying.  I pray for everyone -- EVERYONE -- everywhere to remain safe and on alert.  That goes without saying as well.  I just wish we didn't need these constant reminders of how unsafe, unstable and, yes, ungodly our world has become.  God asks us to do one thing -- to love one another -- and yet, as simple as that task might sound to you and I, it seems to be the hardest thing for us all to do.

• Members

The way that these people use the Bible to spew poison and wrap it in righteous glory is sickening. David Perdue said just awful, shocking things about Obama at the last Prayer Breakfast, obviously very proud of himself (and the so-called people of faith there yukked it up), and he also hid behind the Bible.

Archived