Mass shooting at Orlando nightclub

cassadine1991

• Members

Looks like a case where a lot of issues converged.   It was radical Islam but it incorporated gay hatred, and now it factors in gun control.   It would be dishonest for conservatives to say it is strictly an islam thing, while liberals pretend Islam and Isis wasn't part of it and it is only gun rights that is the problem.    It seems like a guy inspired by Isis took advantage of Florida's OK Corral gun culture to act upon his hatred of gay people.   

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is typical of cowards and insecure twats (and Geraldo is very insecure). They puff out their chests to remind us of how bad-ass they are, even as they have never been in that type of situation. And he's so insecure that - well, "friendly fire" says it all:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2001-12-27/features/0112270154_1_geraldo-rivera-friendly-fire-honest-mistake

• Members

Someone always says this and it always makes me sick. Even the people who did fight back during 9/11 were attacked a few years ago for not doing a good enough job of it. It takes a disturbed, warped mind to belittle dead people so you can feel like a man.

• Members

I have had to step away from social media for awhile- it all became very overwhelming.  The uninformed, erroneous information and comments seemingly meant to provoke, the judgements and defensive posturing, even the well intentioned impassionate comments said in what seems to be a vacuum.  All of it on a continuous loop yet no solid solutions to an end of this cycle of gun violence and hate.  Maybe I'm just drained but I knew that if I was to get anything meaningful done today, I had to shutdown for awhile.:(   Just this past Saturday morning, a friend of mine told me that she was beginning to really become afraid of public spaces, I can definitely relate.  Anytime I enter a public building, an office building, I always look for the exits and if the place has a maze-like layout, it makes me very uncomfortable.  I take public transit.  I still do what I must but it weighs on my mind and I also worry about family who are in school, when they attend church, etc and that was before this latest tragedy!

• Members

I had a feeling he'd be craven and opportunistic enough to do this - media darling Marco possibly trying to use the Orlando massacre (which he helped enable and which affected people he's actively discriminated against for his entire career) as justification to run for reelection.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/what-will-marco-rubio-do-224274

Archived