FX's Feud

John

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised Dame Olivia has decided to sue. 'Feud' hardly portrayed her in a negative light.

Firstly, Catherine Zeta-Jones played her...and lord knows Dame Olivia never looked as beautiful as Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Secondly, the portrayal of Dame Olivia in the program is one of a loyal, kind, friend of Bette Davis who simply supported her friend and had some wise comments about pains and feuds. 

• Members

She also takes issue with Feud's references to her relationship with her sister.

"Zeta-Jones' de Havilland refers to Joan Fontaine as her 'bitch sister,' an offensive term that stands in stark contrast with Olivia de Havilland's reputation for good manners, class and kindness," writes Smith.

She's suing for infringement of common law right of publicity, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment and is asking the court for not only damages but also any profits gained from the use of her likeness and an injunction to keep FX from continuing to use her name and likeness.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/olivia-de-havilland-sues-fx-feud-portrayal-1018306

I personally think Ryan Murphy made a mistake by not attempting to interview to get her side of this whole story since she's one of the only living legends from Hollywood's Golden Era still alive

• Members

Having recently watched Hollywood Rivals Olivia De Haviland vs. Joan Fontaine, on Movies!! channel, I would think they would be the ones to get sued.  While Murphy should have attempted to interview ODH, she came off incredibly well in the mini-series, better than pretty much everyone else. I guess we'll see how long they take to go to court vs. her health, mortality to find out how this all shakes out.

• Members

CZJ was so very dull in the bits I saw (and she didn't sound anything like Olivia either), but I imagine it's less about her and more about ODH seeming to have an issue with living people being put into these projects. I have a feeling she will lose, but maybe it's just the principle, I don't know.

• Members

I'm currently on E4 of the show, and I'm loving Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis. 

Jessica Lange is also great but when she's on screen all I think is There's Jessica Lange playing Joan Crawford. 

The costumes, sets and production values are excellent. 

• Members

After her sister died, the Dame probably have a lot of free time to spend on petty FEUDS.

And while beauty is subjective... come on. She looked better than CZJ

Please register in order to view this content

• 1 year later...

Archived