DAYS: Grotesque Rumor

Vee

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Days is unbearable to watch this is the worse reboot ever. Crystal Meth Philip, Basic Beyotch Belle, A flaming deformed Andre, Patch obsessed Ava are all dead weight. I really hope Chase doesn't rape Ciara. It serves no purpose besides destroying a decent likable character. There's no balance on Days no humor or romance only gloom and doom.

• Members

When and how did Shawn join law enforcement? Was Jason Cook's Shawn supposed to be a cop? I don't even believe Brandon Beemer's Shawn can read.

It was time to put Stefano out to pasture but killing him off with zero fanfare at the hands of Hope and attempting to replace him with Thaao Penghlis in his 85th return was not the way to go. Nobody takes Andre seriously at this point. It's just laughable.

• Members

screaming a bit @ all the 'wasting all this time to establish him' and him being anything but a throw character anyway, tbh. I mean he's been shown as a pretty unstable, messy guy w/ a crush on his sister. And there has been no REAL focus placed on him as an individual - not in the same way w/ JJ, or even Joe (to a lesser extent) I can KIND OF buy this, but I still needed a bit more ground work laid. 

that said... this is the world we live in, and pretty true to life. Rape isn't just something that happens to 'slutty' characters that 'should have known better' and rapists do not always have BAD GUY! written across their forehead. :(

lmao, really? Because when Cook returned he looked a straight up hobo. :ph34r:

• Members

Yeah, we all know about rape, that doesn't make this story necessary. Rape is a constant, insidious part of daytime that needs a break, and it doesn't need to keep being trotted out for shock value and shitty stories. This isn't even in the same galaxy as Josh Griffith's rape story on OLTL in the '90s, and it's sad he's rehashing it. He should know how tired it is by now.

It's typical of DAYS that one of the strongest of the new youth hires is the adopted orphan kid they pigeonhole as 'bad' because his father also turned bad overnight. It fits their provincial, simplistic black/white morality that has been a part of the show for decades.

Archived