DAYS: Grotesque Rumor

Vee

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

None, ever. They have a wealth of rich and wildly diverse history they can synthesize a future from but they do nothing but the bare minimum, and strangle anything good in its crib within months. They're allergic to quality and to long-term change. This is not a recent development either, it dates back at least 15 years IMO. Really, it dates back further to when Reilly left the first time, when they decided all they could or would or should do is emulate his camp.

• Members

So today ends with Chase and Ciara making out, Ciara says stip but Chase doesnt

So if it does actually happen why Rape Ciara? What is with all this doom and gloom Days

How does Chase come back from this & how does Aidan fit in???

I dont know how I can continue watching this

Are Freddie & Chandler returning to a [!@#$%^&*] show

• Members

The new Chase was one of the few additions I liked. It was also a really positive story of Hope adopting a child even when they weren't blood family, as opposed to disposing of the kid like so many other soaps would do in a similar situation. I can't believe they did this, it's just vile. Well, I can because it's DAYS and they operate on super-simplistic, cartoonish and puritanical Reilly Rules: Bad People are Evil and the fruit never falls far.

• Members

And this is the issue with not only filming so far ahead, but also writing so far ahead - they can't see what and who works and who does not, so no one can put their foot down and say "no". Maybe this rape is actually metaphorical for the state of the show.

• Members

I don't even know how they got there writing in a vacuum, unless the writing changed hands - who recasts Chase and goes through all that to establish him in the family, then a couple months later has him rape his adopted sister? Jesus, it's so disgusting. And so DAYS. The way they turn on a dime has always been terrible, but in this last year it's become just vicious and cruel.

Archived