Happy 50th Anniversary 'Days Of Our Lives'

• Members

Today is a special day for me and a special day for so many of us here - the 50th anniversary of 'Days of our Lives.' I know we have appreciation threads often- but I would just like to start this comment thread for us to be able to leave our congratulations to Days on this amazing milestone and to be able to try to put into words what Days means to us.

For me ( and I believe at it's core) 'Days of our Lives' is family. Regardless if I was coming home from a difficult day in 2nd grade... Or if I'm coming home from a difficult day in the workforce- Days has always been there to provide love, adventure, mystery, suspense, and romance. I quickly learned to love the Horton's and the Brady's as my own family and I knew that whatever was going on in my life - be it joyous celebration or painful heartbreak- my Days family was there feeling it too. Not only on the show, but off as well! Even here on these message boards I feel like I have a sense of community, or 'family' if you will . Joined together  to celebrate, complain, and laugh together with our favorite (and sometimes least favorite) Salemites. So, I want to take a moment to say 'Thank You!' Thank you for being family - to those who work on the set everyday to those like me who tune in everyday- thank you for being such a central part of my family for 19 years now. And lastly,  I want to say a heart filled CONGRATULATIONS to 'Days of our Lives' - our little show that could! Over 12,000 episodes later the show has never been better and I'm so proud of our show for reaching this momumental milestone! I never dreamed we would ever make it here! (I mean we were supposed to be canceled in 2009 and had countless close calls in the past 50 years) - but here we are- celebrating our golden anniversary! I'm proud of the little show that could - to get here it's taken budget cuts, producers and executives fighting for us, passionately loyal fans, campaign letters, a good amount of just sheer luck and I believe even a little bit of Ted and Betty Corday looking down and smiling at us :) 

Days has taught me that every moment is precious and to truly live life we must feel and experience every one of those moments for the good of who we are. It's taught me that all we have are the sand grains in our hourglass and as each one falls through it's up to us to make it count. So on this day, November 8th, 2015, I raise my glass to my special family, "Days of our Lives." And as a toast I say the words that mean so much to me and my family... "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of our Lives." 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So many blasts from the pasts. Quinn Redeker, Philece Sampler, Miranda Wilson, Andrew Masset, Victor Alfieri, Matt Cedeno, Alexis Thorpe, Heather Lindell, Frank Parker and many more.

You guys should check out all the photos on twitter. Most of them are under hashtag Days or Days50.

• Administrator

Great post @jo.frank88!

Congrats to DAYS!  I've been watching since 1993 and have stuck with the show through its many ups and downs.  Even when the show was truly awful, I never stopped watching.  It's the one show I will never quit. 

My favourite era is of course was Jim Reilly's first tenure from 1993-1997: Buried Alive, Maison Blanche, The Possession, Aremid, Lady in a Cage, the Secret Room, Lucas/Sami/Austin/Carrie, Billie/Bo/Hope. 

Thanks to the actors, writers, directors, producers for making so many memorable moments.  I will always love DAYS no matter what. 

• Members

Hooray for 50 years of Days!!

I've been a mostly on, sometimes off viewer since about 82. When I loved it I truly loved it, and at its worst(my least favorite...those virtual goggles) I still kept up most days...

Congratulations! Posted this before in other threads, but to this day, the Hortons have ALWAYS  been one of daytimes first families...

Thanks, Days for all these years, and many more!!!

Archived