List of fictional soaps?

• Members

I've always been interested by all the fictional soap operas as shown in other TV shows, movies, and even on the Soaps themselves. It has probably been discussed before, but here's a few fictional soaps to start off with: 

-The John Candy comedy  Delirious featured a soap called "Beyond our Dreams" complete with Emma Samms playing an Alexis-type character. 

- In an episode of Murder She Wrote Jessica visited her cousin in NYC whose daughter was an actress on the show "Our Secret Lives" which was in the midst of a serial killer storyline offing vets off left and right for a ratings stunt. 

-Twins Peaks had a soap called "Invitation to Love"

-During Harley being on the run on GL in 2005, her and Gus ended up on the set on a fictional CBS soap called "Light of Love" which was mentioned to come on the air after ATWT. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Soapdish" had a number of those of course...

"The Sun Also Sets"

"All My Trials"

"Laguna Beach" (though that became a real show eventually)

"The Bold and the Brash"

Even on Rugrats when they had the babies pretend they were acting as T.V stars using a cardboard box, I think the soap opera they had them do was "The Teeny and the Tiny" (taken from Y&R/B&B of course) 

• Members

Hot in Cleveland had "The Edge of Tomorrow". Victoria Chase had a long running feud with Susan Lucci, who made a couple of guest appearances.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had "Now and Forever" where Will got a job and then quit because he didn't want to play gay. Leann Hunley guest starred.

The Jeffersons had "Mornings of Our Nights" (I think that is was it), which was Florence's favorite soap opera.

• Members

SIX FEET UNDER had its own soap that was featured a couple of times. I don't believe it was ever named (Ruth had it on at some point) and Kimberlin Brown aka Sheila Carter was in it. It stuck with me not only because of Brown but also because, for once, they didn't seem to be mocking soaps and were genuinely trying to make it look like a real one. 

• Members

"The Proud and the Passionate," from RH (but I might have the wrong title -- it was the one with Barbara Wilde, played by Judith Barcroft)

"All My Problems," from GH (Frisco watched it back in the early '90's)

"Southwest General," from "Tootsie"

"As Thus We Are," from "Love, Sidney"

"The Wild and the Wonderful," from "Mama's Family"

"Search for the Sun" and "It Never Ends," both from "The Simpsons"

"Dawn of Day," from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"

"Palo Alto," from "Living Single"

And there was one in an episode of "Three's Company," guest starring Dennis Cole (ex-Lance, Y&R) and Joy Garrett (ex-Jo, DAYS), but for the life of me, I can't remember the name.  (But it was something GH-ish.)

Didn't "The Amanda Show" have a running soap parody as well?  Something very "Dawson Creek"-like, with SNL's Taran Killam among the recurring actors.

• Members

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman mentioned many different soaps. I even have a book published during the show's run that shows a fictional TV Guide-style listing for the Fernwood local stations which includes several of their soaps, including "Days of Our Nights."

I think Fred and Grady watched "The Edge of Tomorrow" on Sanford and Son.

Archived