Batman: New standalone movie

YRBB

• Members

Ben Affleck will co-write, direct and star in a Batman standalone movie.

While I think Affleck has skill as a writer/director, why would they do this when his first Batman outing hasn't even proven itself yet? I can see this being canceled if B vs S doesn't work out. Still, I would like it to do well and be good.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm excited for this, especially for the part of Ben co-writing and directing. There's still a chance the movie won't happen since we're such a long way from it. There are still two JLA movies that will come out in 2017 and 2019, so maybe this Batman movie will come out in 2020 or 2021 or at the earliest 2018.

• Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*], Batman!

Affleck is ridiculous in the trailer with that OTT voice "DO YOU BLEED?" and I don't have high hopes for him as Batman. I'll see it, since I have seen every Batman and even tracked down some old Batman on radio CDs, but I really feel he may be the worst ever. I have never met a movie Batman I didn't like, but what little we have seen of Affleck makes me think all good things must come to an end. Frankly, I am more excited about the upcoming Adam West animated feature than this.

Archived