The Plan to Save DAYS: The 2015 Edition

• Members

I'm LOLing at the fact that they actually used that headline.

I'm eager to read the full interview. It honestly can't get much worse. It's not as flagrantly gutted or disrespectful as, say, Y&R, and a lot of the pieces are there (or are about to be), but it just feels very hollow and perfunctory now. I remember a time in 2009-10 when I said I would watch the actors do the scenes in a black box theatre if it came to that, because the drama was compelling -- at the height of the Sami/Nicole baby switch (with a hundred tentacle storylines), Carly's return, Maggie's resurgence, etc. The flipside of that is now, when everything is so boring and lifeless that I can only focus on the fact that I'm watching people walk around a fake park set with a bench and a tiny-ass mall with empty coffee cups. So whatever energy this infuses into the day-to-day show has to be an improvement.

I believe that Corday loves the show and that he understands, on an intellectual level, where the core of the show is and what tends to work. What I don't think he gets is how to oversee outlines and breakdowns when they start to veer off-track. He must be way too easily placated by "But look, we have X twist coming up!" and then lets three months of garbage story slide. Pumping out episodes isn't enough if you want people to be excited about watching.

I'm optimistic that we'll have a fun transition period, interesting fall, and appropriately respectful 50th anniversary (and probably Christmas). Beyond that, who the hell knows?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't wait for his interview next year if u read his interview from last year it shows how stupid he is...he was invested in all the new faces he okaid them to write for the new faces and not the old ones I don't trust him one bit

• Members

I read the whole interview and actually thought it was pretty good and agreed with nearly everything he said. I am especially happy that it seems like Ken is investing in the production value of the show and wants to make it look nicer. As someone who watches B&B, DAYS is hard to watch from a visual standpoint sometimes.

That said, I agree with many above, Ken has given so many of these interviews, he is now the boy who cried wolf.

• Members

He said he knew the first thing he needed to do was change the cast because it was unrecognizable to him. He said the people written out understood its show business not show friends and for the sake of drama some people are expendable.

• Members
Because he stated he was thinking of changing things last year and didn't. He owned up to the fact that some stuff they though sounded good didn't work and they know that.

Regarding the bad stories his exact quote: "it's my responsibility and I have to own that."

And TomSell were the HW, shouldn't they be blamed?

• Members

But the thing is, he said he thought about the change last august/september and then gave that interview in October. Days writes and tapes so far ahead so he knew the story at least up till march/april so he knew what was ahead. He is responsible too. He gave the whole we know what we have to give the fans speech about the newbies in October and has now done a 360. He does this every few years.

• Members

It is nice to hear Ken admit things but I feel more fans would believe him if he didnt pull this every year or so. Its like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually fans just dont believe a word out of his mouth.

Archived