Frontburner to Footnote

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL: Rita Stapleton Bauer and Carrie Todd Marler.

I loved Rita, but a lot of story revolved around her. She might have been mentioned the first few years after Kasdorf left, but after 1984ish, nothing.

Carrie Marler was only on for a couple years, but she was front burner the entire time. No one ever mentioned Ross' crazy wife again after she was shipped off to merry old England.

• Members

Ellen Stewart on ATWT.Original character,drove one of the earliest frontburner story that provided 10 years of story.Mother of Dan,Dee and Annie.Stepmother to Paul. Grandmother to Betsy and Emily.Ex mother in law of Kim,Susan etc.

Yet by 1975 she was written out for the first time and by the mid 80's had very little story or prominence.dropped altogether in 95.

• Members

Teresa Blake nearly left AMC in 1995 because she spent most of the year without a storyline. Then it picked up around spring 1996, but I'm not too surprised she was forgotten, as she was just a filler for women who weren't in the story (Dixie, Erica).

She had a terrific, terrific exit though, far more than most exiting characters had in that era. I guess it helped that Megan McTavish had been the one to create her and wrote most of her stories, and had just come back when Teresa was leaving.

• Members

Samantha Marler on GL. For a while they were trying to ship her and Dylan as a new young supercouple but suddenly switched her with Daniel St John. When Daniel turned out be evil, she went off to be with her father, never to be seen again.

• Members

Sam was even in the car with Reva right before she jumped out as Reva drove off the bridge. I'm surprised Sam was never brought on later on being both Ross' niece and Phillip's bio sister but I do remember her vertical wheelchair tale for better or for worse. Didn't she have an off-screen exit?

Archived