Soap Stars, past or present, you have never heard a negative comment about

• Members

I didn't see a thread about this topic - even though I checked, I may have overlooked something. In any case, I'll get the ball rolling.

A very popular face in both daytime and primetime and an Emmy winner at that, I have never heard an unkind thing said about A Martinez (SB, GH, B&B, OLTL and now DAYS). From fans to co-stars to behind-the-scenes personnel to the soap press, everyone has always said what a great guy he is, and a gentleman.

I sent a FB friend request to him several years ago (I wrote him a PM first, explaining that I was a fan of his work - not only on SB and GH but on primetime as well), not expecting to hear back, and he kindly accepted my request. He sent me his autograph, and when I attempted to purchase a used copy of his 1995 CD from Amazon (since it is out of print and not on iTunes as of yet), it led to...nothing!! Long story short, the first time I ordered it I got nothing in the mail. The second time, I got the wrong CD!!! I told A about that and joked that obviously someone doesn't want me to hear it!! He said he would get on it and send me one of the copies of the CDs he has at his home. That's going above and beyond the call of duty to make someone happy.

A Martinez is the walking definition of "class act".

Next?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought there were some issues when she was still drinking. I could be mistaken though.

I've never heard anything negative about Jackie Zeman on GH. Or Lynn Herring. And Kin seems like the most beloved soap star of all times by his peers, they all love him across networks!

• Members

How about Ian Buchanan? And Mary Beth Evans.

Monika, along with Douglass Watson, I'm guessing the other 2 patriarchs from NBC's early days fit the bill? James Pritchett seemed to be the glue that held The Doctors cast together and, by accounts, a perfect gentleman and I imagine Macdonald Carey was very much beloved as well.

Archived