Josh Duggar: 12 year old Molestation charges Surface

John

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No wonder Faux News barely covered the scandal.

And Megyn Kelly will make it seem "impartial," even though it likely won't be.

I'm sure we'll hear People and the other shills saying they did awesome and should be forgiven.

• Members

I can't say I'm surprised by these comments.

This is a family built on abuse and what disgusts me most is that a major television network and many millions of Americans are willing to carry it along.

TLC literally exists today on the lives of molested children.

I will never watch TLC or buy People again (I rarely did anyway in recent years) - I guess that's about all I can do. I don't know who owns them and what other channels and magazines they carry.

• Members

Megyn Kelly did her best to shill for these folks, but this ain't gonna fly. Jim Bob Duggar said, "The real concern is leaking juvenile records!" And somehow, Michelle Duggar insisted, on-camera, that their daughters have been more victimized in the last few weeks than 12 years ago. "They didn't even know, we had to tell them!" That is a massive gaffe and will be the big takeaway.

• Members

The media has a lot invested in them so I think we may see "Duggar comeback" and "the real story" type spreads as people move on to something new and the bucks start to rake back in.

So was she saying they didn't even know they'd been molested? That's frightening to think about, if that's what she said. What the hell goes on in that house to make them think that was everyday behavior from their brother, if that's what she is claiming?

Oh, they didn't know because they were asleep?

The police report said one of the girls went to the parents, so that's just a lie.

• Members

It's also not true. Everything they said was shot through with lies in information that is now all public knowledge, and the fact-checking on that will be in every major media outlet by morning.

I know it's tempting to believe the worst of our society or a bad situation and I can understand that up to a point, but there's also a point where that doesn't match the facts. I think they failed to reach enough hearts and minds with this nonsense, and I think that was their last hope with TLC. I don't think they will survive this, but I could be wrong.

Archived