Josh Duggar: 12 year old Molestation charges Surface

John

• Members

It's kind of like saying a five year old cannot bully a three year old because neither really knows what bullying is, yet one kid is still able to exert power and control over another. You don't have to know what predatory behavior is to engage in it.

To say that because the law attaches an arbitrary age to consent anyone under that age cannot understand the concept of forcing someone to do something he or she does not want to do does not make sense to me.

American law deems 18 year olds able to vote and go to war but not purchase alcohol and this makes sense? Is every 18 year old truly capable of making decisions about laws? No. And there are plenty of adults way over 18 that are quite immature as well and incapable of making those decisions. On the flip side there are kids who are young in terms of age but older in terms of their actions. Age does not make people uniform in terms of their mental capacity, ability to reason, determination, etc.

I don't have a problem with wanting kids who show no remorse after bludgeoning their families or others to death locked up beyond the age of 25. People who accidentally kill someone or who are forced to kill in self defense may have trouble coping afterwards and some may never be the same again. It's kind of hard to imagine how someone who intentionally slashes her parents and younger siblings to death so she can be with her boyfriends will go on to be productive in society if she is ever able to see what she has done as heinous. But maybe proper rehabiliation programs address that. The punitive part of the judicial system is in need of a major overhaul which is unlikely since politicians have other priorities.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have always thought the Duggar family to be very strange and deviant and the last week's events have exposed how sick they are.

Josh is scum, his actions speak for themselves. He's the very same guy who claimed that gays were dangerous to children while all the while he has molested a handful of them himself.

But let's not forget that many pedophiles are victims of sexual abuse themselves and who knows what Josh Duggar's history is.

Jim Bob and Michelle are the truly evil ones in this mess. They should be ashamed of themselves, favouring their sexually abusive son over his own sisters, their own children, among other victims. That's truly vile. Those girls were innocents and Jim Bob and Michelle let their son get away with it by covering up his crimes and smoothing things over with a "stern talking to" from a good 'ol boy state trooper and some manual labour with plenty of platitudes about God and how this has all brought them closer to God.

Bullsh*t. They're all terrible people and TLC should be shooting this show dead. If Here Comes Honey Boo Boo got the ax for June Shannon dating a pedophile, TLC has to cancel this show: otherwise they are glorifying sexual abuse. It's just disgusting.

• Members

So some Republican politican wants charges brought aganist the officer who released the police report. Even though she was within the law to do so.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-pakman2/republican-finally-demands-charges-in-duggar-case_b_7446010.html

Talk about skewed priorities. How about going after the man who admitted to molestion aganist young girls.

• Members

So true. As long as one makes the claim to be christian, they are able to say and do the most disgusting things in the name of their religion. It's sad and pathetic. Huckabee needs to sit his big ass down.

• Members

I'm floored. Literally. Sitting here with my mouth agape, at this NONSENSE...

Yes, according to Seewald, the only thing that keeps humanity from engaging in widespread and wanton child-rape is the fact that offenders might be punished — or a lack of molestable children.

Already we know that, under the Duggars’ philosophy, victims are taught to blame themselves — after all, they are at fault if they dress immodestly, or have “evil friends,” or if they expose themselves. Children who are abused are taught that it is OK not to go to the authorities, as long as they tell their pastors or God what happened. In fact, there “is no ‘victim'” at all, as it is godly to “suffer for righteousness.”

Josh Duggar has decided that God has forgiven him — an assertion that seems to be fine with many Christians, including Seewald.

I've come to the conclusion that christians get their god-loving rocks off on thinking they are better than other people.

How on Earth could a MOTHER allow her daughters to feel as if they are to blame for being victimized?!?! In what fuckin world does that make sense??

These people have become rich because they are prolific breeders and have never bonded with any of the offspring that they feel "god" meant for them to have. That's the only way I could understand a mother throwing her daughters (or any of her children for that matter) under the bus.

Archived