How to fix GH

• Members

As Carl said in another thread….where are the ratings for the big stars?? Filler Miller, Roger Howarth, Michelle Stafford, Rebecca Budig?? And what about the stellar work of the Scooby Doo gang?? Are you telling me viewers don't care to watch Spencer Daffy Duck??

I still remember Valentini crowing about what big casting they had done but couldn't tell….a secret…stay tuned crap on Twitter. Well Frank what happened to the star quality that was going to bring the show buzz and ratings??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He has the same problem Nellie Oleson did before Kristian Alfonso dropkicked him from already fading relevance - he sees himself as a warrior and journalist for soaps, yet he also sees himself as one of the tee-heers and cacklers in the back row, making all sorts of "naughty" comments to show us how hot and wild he is.

You can't be both.

Some of his ideas made sense (like the one about Jordan and Anna) but everything is pushed aside for his need to be so saucy and scandalous. Which means endless comments about how Alexis can't get enough of Julian's tiny meat. Ooh, it's so shocking! rinse and repeat.

It's also very telling that he has nothing to say about the gay characters, one area that GH has had some relative fan support. Many gay men only care about "divas" and lusting over straight men (especially white straight men). And that list reeks of it. Nothing about how Lucas could be the future of GH, but duh-face Morgan, whose only value is packing boxer briefs, is the ONLY acceptable way forward?

Interesting...

• Members

Wow, I didn't even see that remark when I read through the article (not very thoroughly I have to confess). I've not been a fan of Jamey Giddens since long ago when I used to listen to their podcast and he was waaayyy to much in love with the sound of his own voice, but this remark was just too crude for words. angry.png

• Members

That's another problem. Soap "journalists" don't want to piss anyone off so they won't say basic truths. Instead, we get lame suggestions over how if GH rips off another soap, Nina and Franco will be fine.

No, they won't.

They have been consistently rejected by a supermajority of GH fans off and online, and even many of Howarth's old fans seem to have zero interest in Franco.

They have to go. And they have to go now.

Time to buck up - you may not get a wet kiss on Twitter, and you may not get that special invite to stand 20 feet away from Frank at next year's Soap Opera Spirit Awards (held next to the Taco Bell parking lot - if the Emmys don't book that venue first), but at least you would have integrity.

• Members

His stunt casting has failed on all fronts. Big names with bad writing is always an epic fail. The stories are mostly happening off screen, with ridiculous recap episodes, showing a month's worth of stories in an hour. Aside from the anniversary show, plot point writing is slowly killing GH. That and those "pets " of Cartini's. I've been saying for over a year...drop the characters they keep TRYING to make work, and capitalize on the characters the viewer's want to see. Otherwise, ABC will be pushing another crappy show like the Chew into their 2p.m. slot!

• Members

Kill it.

Start rebroadcasting vintage Douglas Marland and Pat Falken Smith episodes from the 1970s and early 1980s.

Watch the ratings soar.

((Sigh))

(I'm kidding...sort of. I don't think there is much "saving" possible for any of the current soaps, as long as TIIC remain...TIIC.)

• Members

I used to give my ideas, which is pointless at this stage, but my #1 will always be Carly losing all of her money and status and being on the street. Now that Bobbie and Lucas are back they have the foundation to do this story. Have her reject her family and friends from self-loathing and shame and see her build herself up like she had to do after she left the trailer park.

Carly is trash, she's spent her entire life feeling like trash, and she would finally have to face it if they take away all of her crutches. And I do think Laura Wright could play it.

• Members

Perhaps because anyone who replaced the terrible duo would undoubtedly be just as bad, or worse. For the last several years, the soaps have only been hiring the worst hacks imaginable. With our luck, Ron would be replaced as headwriter by Jean P, or the "writers" of Beavis & Butthead.

LOL!

• Members

I agree with this. No offense, but if you want to gain some female viewers, stop asking gay men to write and produce the show. Get some women with real power (and I don't mean JFP) to steer the show in the right direction. Women generally like to see love stories, friendship, family and romace. This GH has very little of it.

I agree with this as well. The stunt casting (with a few exceptions) is not working. Listen to the fans. Who do they want to see?

Archived