How to fix GH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never really bought Maxie as a fashionista either. Yeah she had nicer wardrobe during those days but she never "wore" the clothes they wore her. Maybe its because at the time I was surrounded by people involved in the fashion industry but nothing about her said fierce fashionista to me.

• Members

Iva, Nola….did he write Lucinda? I don't recall if he created her. Also he introduced Carly to Oakdale….she was nothing like the original Carly that Marland wrote at the end of ATWT run.

If they want Maxie to work they need a better actress in the role. I never understood why this actress was hired when she truly sucked on Days. No storyline can make this Maxie interesting with this actress in the role.

• Members

Oh I agree. The only role I liked KS in was as Zenon in the Zenon movies which is probably part of the reason she got cast on this soap. The young people were familiar with her having watched her on Disney for a few years. Maxie is on my list of characters that need to just leave town for a couple of years.

• Members

Being a fashionista means you look good in clothes. Storms looked like death warmed over before her departure and now tends to look dazed and confused, like a cautionary tale on wasted youth.

I never bought her in that role either. The story was a bad knockoff of Devil Wears Prada and nothing else. I never got the idea that Guza or JFP were all that invested in her beyond the slampiece of various men - similar to now, the main difference that she now comes across like a squeakier Sharon Tate near the end of Valley of the Dolls.

He didn't create Lucinda. He did write most of her best material, and she was a character who could have easily been a bad joke of a gay man. He and Liz never let that happen.

• Members

Aside from network promo departments insisting they were, when has there been any indication these four were big stars? Certainly not in ratings on this show or their previous shows.

GH fans don't tune in to watch actors they are not familiar with playing characters they never heard of. As long as the show wants to feature these non-GH actors as the show's stars they will continue to have sinking ratings.

I disagree with a lot on that list from the site. Hayley Pullos does not need a front burning story. The mob sucked under Guza and the declining ratings the mob enjoyed are matched by the declining ratings RC is enjoying. To me it seem patently obvious: if you want a rise in ratings you drop the mob. Ratings tanked when Sonny, Carly and Jason were front burner. RC sidelined Carly and Jason as well as Sonny's businesses and ratings rose. RC then brought back Jason and turned GH back into its old craptacular mob self, and lo and behold, ratings fall again. Be it Duke or Sonny, there is no evidence anywhere that mob leads to rising ratings. Quite the opposite.

About the only thing this article was dead right about was Rebecca Budig is not worth a promo, and the show would do better with Laura, Brenda or Robin. Rebecca Budig??? If you never watched AMC before would you even know this nothing even exists?

Archived