The Old School Nickelodeon Thread

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

From Rugrats and Doug and Ren & Stimpy to Clarissa Explains It All and Family Double Dare and The Secret World of Alex Mack, this is your old school (aka: the 90's) Nickelodeon thread!

And yes, I'll include 90's Nick Jr. in there, too. Maybe even old school Nick at Nite. smile.png

I was happy to start this thread, as I can probably guarantee you there are fewer more hardcore 90's Nickelodeon fans than me. I was there during the glory days, and when The 90's Are All That debuted in 2011, I was right there, too.

I even bought this book specifically dedicated to the Golden Age of Nick:

http://www.amazon.com/Slimed-Oral-History-Nickelodeon%C2%92s-Golden/dp/0142196851

Anyway, to start things off, here's this classic 90's Nickelodeon ID:

*Note: I wouldn't mind including some stuff from 80's Nick either, as it first debuted as a network in 1979, but since I was born in 1989, I'm not as familiar with Nick history until around 1993, which is when I first began to watch.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was OBSESSED with Secret World of Alex Mack!! I remember it being part of the "O Zone" block thing. I also loved 'are you afraid of the dark'. What was the one about the African-American kid who was from another planet?? It was considered to be the 'Male' Alex Mack.

I also floved Wild Thronberries and I'm SOOO glad it is on HULU.

I'm so glad you introduced me to the book!! I've gotta get it!!

I'm 2 years younger than you but I have a sister born in 86' so I know a 'bit' about the early stuff. she loved Eurekas Castle and we even have old merchandise from that show.

I remember that Alex Mack thing!!

You rock, BTW!! I FLOVE old-school nicktoons!

• Members

I'm absolutely up for one about the Disney Channel. I'll represent the final years of it being a premium channel, and its early years as a basic cable channel. That's when classics like Adventures in Wonderland, Under the Umbrella Tree, The Baby Sitters Club, Flash Forward, and the DTV videos were my everything. :)

• Members

Nothing better than a hot Saturday afternoon in the 90s with Wild & Crazy Kids, What Would You Do, Salute Your Shorts, and Hey Dude, leading into SNICK with All That, Clarissa, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and Ren and Stimpy.

One later era show that I'd LOVE to watch in its entirety is Caitlin's Way.

• Members

I didn't know Wild Thornberry's was on Hulu. That's great to know. It's up there as one of my top fave cartoons ever. Just the concept of it was really interesting & brilliant to me. I just love that this nomadic, lively family & their chimp went all around the world together. That show could've gone on forever!

Archived