The Old School Nickelodeon Thread

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Little Bear theme song brings back some very warm memories.

Rugrats was such a phenomenon when I was a kid. It was THE cartoon. My students today have only vaguely heard of it. It's almost at the level of a primetime soap with the number of families and characters it had.

Reruns of Lassie and Flipper were also staples on 90s Nick. Loved me some Sandy Ricks :wub:

• Members

Allegra's Window was the show I would watch with Gullah Gullah Island before going to school in Kindergarten. Unfortunately, none of the videos uploaded of the AW theme are of particularly great quality. This is probably the best one there is, and it repeats itself on a loop, which is annoying.

• Members

I'm biased towards the older, original episodes from 1991-1994. When it came back in 1997, it was fine, but right around the time David Doyle (the original Grandpa Lou) died, the quality started to drop for me. I like the first two movies too, but as for the show, it was done for me once Dil was born.

Here are two moments from the later years that I still remember and like. Angelica covering "Vacation" by the Go-Go's in the Las Vegas episode, and the Cynthia Workout song!

And of course, we should acknowledge Christine Cavanaugh, the voice of Chuckie, who died last December. :(

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?pid=173657726

Archived