Bergdahl

Sundance

• Members

Obama traded five top Taliban commanders for the deserter who now faces life imprisonment. Would Franklin Roosevelt have traded a deserter during World War II for Rommel, Tojo, Goering, Von Runsted, Yamamoto? Of course not! This president is not only a coward, but a murderer as well. Those Taliban commanders will be shortly back on the battlefield killing Americans. Five (yes, 5) of our men died trying to find Bergdahl and he had the nerve to have Bergdahl's parents to the White House. His father had a long beard and praised allah in Arabic!

I wonder who all the morons are that voted for this traitor for President? How would you like to be one of the parents of one of the soldiers who died looking for bergdahl?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please explain how President Obama is a coward. Give specific examples of his cowardice. His and his administrations negotiations to secure Bergdhals release might be short-sighted, certainly not cowardice. Under this President's watch, bin Laden was found and killed. Is that something a coward would do? Wars were ended under this President. I submit to you it takes more strength to stop war than initiate it.

I'd like to know how, in your mind, President Obama is a "murderer". Thousands of American lives were lost because of failed Bush administration wars. Is he a murderer as well?

Bergdhal was not classified as a deserter prior to his release. And the fact his father spoke Arabic and praised Allah has nothing at all to do with any of this. Have you ever heard of Religious Freedom? Besides, not all Arabic speaking people are terrorists. Or do you believe differently?

The war FDR faced was completely different than the two Bush started that President Obama has had to clean up.

And not that it's any of your business, but I voted for President Obama twice, proudly. if you consider me moronic because of that fact, I'm OK with that. This thread is full of Fox taglines and crazy talk and nothing more.

• Members

I get being frustrated for whatever reason but I really don't think it's a good idea to come on here and call out people on being morons for voting for Obama considering that's likely a good chunk of members. It's one thing to insult him and another to insult the people that supported him in the last 2 elections. It's offensive

• Members
If someone hired a killer, isn't that person guilty, too, even though he didn't pull the trigger? Letting the Taliban leaders go free is the same as killing more Americans!

It is my understanding now that SIX (not five) soldiers died looking for the deserter. Another one of the soldiers was injured in the search, and he is very bitter about what Obama did. The little display in the Rose Garden was embarrassing for our country. Since when do we honor deserters? And they knew he was a deserter when they negotiated his release. Furthermore, the President was required to advise Congress before releasing the terrorists.

This Constitutional "scholar" knows less about the Constitution than I do! Or...he feels that, since he is KING, our laws do NOT apply to him or his minions. As for the "morons" who voted for him...they still support him!!!! His foreign policies have been akin to treason. Our allies no longer trust us, and our enemies no longer fear us. God help America!

• Members

Soooooooooooo. Wow. How does one debate facts with you when you give Bush a pass but gladly accept any insane talking point from Fox "news" about President Obama?!?!?

You still haven't provided any examples of what you consider his cowardice, yet throw out more insane accusations, now that his foreign policies are "akin to treason". Explain. Give specifics if you can, but I won't hold my breath.

It sounds like it.

President Obama isn't perfect, no president is, but he's done a damn fine job IMHO and is a tremendous improvement over the last person to hold the office.

Archived